Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play. d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play.   d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000" Empty Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play. d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 13:56

Hi there,

I have downloaded the Sims 4 game from games4theworld.com... But I have now encountered an error. I have scoured the forum and have found that only one other person really had this problem?

I finished installing the game and naturally clicked on it to start playing, however an error was displayed: "Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play. 

d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000"

Can anyone help me out here? please.....

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play.   d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000" Empty Re: Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play. d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 14:14

Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play.   d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000" File
The same error but now in Dutch.

You apparently played the game before via Origin - your gameversion is now 1.26
When you want to play the G4TW version (1.25) go to the folder C:\User\Documents\The Sims 4 en delete the file GameVersion.
Now start your game again.
Make sure Origin is not running !

Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play.   d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000" File

Please note: Toddlers created in version 1.26 are not present in version 1.25.
When you save a game in 1.25, your earlier created toddlers will also be permanently removed from the 1.26 version.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play.   d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000" Empty Re: Sims 4 Origin update error :( Unable to start- the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 game and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play. d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000"

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 14:34

Hi there,

There is no file named GameVersion in my Sims 4 folder. I have also never played Sims 4 on my current laptop, and I do not have origin... 

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 14:41

Maybe you have copied files/folders from another computer to your laptop.
But - as you get this error - your MUST have a file named GameVersion in the section My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 (Thus not under Program Files !!!)
No GameVersion, no error
Perform a search on your computer.

If on Windows 10:
Click on the magnifying glass bottom left on your taskbar
In the window type GameVersion.
When found, rightclick on it and click on open filelocation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 14:58

Okay, I did as you stipulated and now I have a new error message. I'm not sure how to approach this error message- Unable to Start: Initialization Error at start up (135dec40:98.......)

---I've looked online and found that someone suggested I install a fix from thepiratebay. I'm currently doing this, if anyone has any better advice; please help.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 15:27

Delete the complete The Sims 4 folder from DOCUMENTS, not from PROGRAM FILES.
(Can of course also be another folder when you play in a different language, like Los Sims 4, Die Sims 4 .... )
Then start your game again as Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 15:32

I deleted Sims 4 from DOCUMENTS. I am still getting the same error message (the second one I mentioned). Even if I do deleted it, it reappears after attempting to start the game? is this of any importance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 15:53

ArzekIsConfused wrote:I don't need origin for this Games4theworld copy?
No, on the contrary, Origin must not be active anywhere on your computer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 15:59

That's the thing... I do not have Origin at all. Which is why the initial message confused me. I've been struggling for three days trying to install various copies of Sims 4's. The other's just refused to start up. Games4theworld's copy has displayed these two errors... I'm not sure what to do next. I've uninstalled the game, I only have Mr Djs Sims 3 on my PC now. I still dont have Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 16:14

As I'm not at liberty to post outside links (forumrules) and I'm also excluded from the private messages system, I'm afraid I can't help you much further.
Maybe @The_gh0stm4n can help you here

In this topic https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24481-update-your-game-on-origin#162609 the problem was solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top