Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading some of the content?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading some of the content? Empty Downloading some of the content?

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 21:24

Hello!

I didn't know where to post this so yeah, sorry if I got this wrong.

I was wondering if there was a way to download only some stuff packs and expansions packs at the moment? My computer is already lagging with the last Ultimate fix released here and I don't know if it'll be able to handle much more... I could live without some of the content though, but I don't want to get ride of it all. Plus I heard City Life expansion is coming and I'm really excited about appartements!

Thank you for the hard work, the downloads and the support you provide whenever we need help!  Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

Downloading some of the content? Empty Re: Downloading some of the content?

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 22:11

Hello,
at this point in The Sims 4 you can pick what addons you want, as you would in The Sims 3. You tehnicall can, but you won't have newest patch. Example: download Base Game and just play it, then Base Game + Get to Work and play it, Base Game + GTW + Get Together, BG + GTW + GT + Ultimate Fix. You can play in combinations mentioned above but you can't mix new and old, example you can mix Base Game and Ultimate Fix as it will freeze, same goes for other combination that I didn't mention above. Also, new CC won't work with oldeer versions as new CC was created for newer version.

The Sims 4 is very optimized game and can run on older systems. Do you mind posting your PC specs? Or press WIN + R and then type dxdiag, copy content here. Do you use CC? If do how much and if it is mods that change gameplay, or CAS and Build/Buy Mode content?

Back to top Go down

Downloading some of the content? Empty Re: Downloading some of the content?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Sep 2016, 03:33

Lou-Ann wrote:Hello!

I didn't know where to post this so yeah, sorry if I got this wrong.

I was wondering if there was a way to download only some stuff packs and expansions packs at the moment? My computer is already lagging with the last Ultimate fix released here and I don't know if it'll be able to handle much more... I could live without some of the content though, but I don't want to get ride of it all. Plus I heard City Life expansion is coming and I'm really excited about appartements!

Thank you for the hard work, the downloads and the support you provide whenever we need help!  Dedicated to Carlos

//MOVED

Hello @Lou-Ann,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with the game. I actually looked a bit into it; it may be possible to tweak the crack such, that it allows mixing of DLC, even in a different order than what simmer_tony mentioned before. But it's really going to involve a ton of work. And most users want the complete TS4 stuff anyhow, also due to the relatively marginal in-game content.

As of right now, the TS4 releases are meant to be used consecutively; and it's not like in earlier Sims games where you can pick and choose your DLC. 

Adding to what has been said already, do you also have enough filespace on your computer?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top