Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 not responding after doing stuff...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 not responding after doing stuff... Empty Sims 4 not responding after doing stuff...

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 11:00

My Sims 4 worked a few days ago. 

Today I encountered the "Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4" error. I did the fixes mentioned on the thread, but after I deleted GameVersion.txt and basically everything else other than the Mods, Saves, and Tray folder, it keeps on not responding. It can start but then a white screen pops up and says that The Sims 4 stopped working. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not responding after doing stuff... Empty Re: Sims 4 not responding after doing stuff...

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 11:04

Apparently you updated the game (or your previous game) via Origin.
Go to My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and remove the file GameVersion.
Then restart your game.

Please note that this error will re-occur every time you update your game via Origin.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not responding after doing stuff... Empty Re: Sims 4 not responding after doing stuff...

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 11:09

Tarac wrote:Apparently you updated the game (or your previous game) via Origin.
Go to My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and remove the file GameVersion.
Then restart your game.

Please note that this error will re-occur every time you update your game via Origin.
Problem is, I didn't even have origin nor did I ever updated the game through Origin. I've tried to delete the GameVersion.txt again but it still says "The Sims 4 has stopped working"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top