Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to get around using a torrent? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a way to get around using a torrent? [SOLVED] Empty Is there a way to get around using a torrent? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 02:07

I'm stuck on a college campus, and the internet here somehow stops my Sims 4 torrents before they even start. So I was wondering if anyone knew a way to either get around whatever is blocking them, or, if there's a way I could download it through my browser or something.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to get around using a torrent? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is there a way to get around using a torrent? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Sep 2016, 19:32

Alexm93 wrote:I'm stuck on a college campus, and the internet here somehow stops my Sims 4 torrents before they even start. So I was wondering if anyone knew a way to either get around whatever is blocking them, or, if there's a way I could download it through my browser or something.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Hello @Alexm93 and sorry to hear that,

Unfortunately we only offer torrents as of now, and educational institutions (and many workplaces) are known to block peer-to-peer file exchange systems - like torrenting.

You will either have to pay for a good VPN, which is a service that masks your online activities and also supports torrent- filesharing (see this topic for example). Or you could ask a friend/relative from 'outside' to download stuff for you, and you put the items onto a USB-flash or external drive next time you get out of the campus.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to get around using a torrent? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Is there a way to get around using a torrent? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2016, 02:03

Alright, that's fine. Guess i'll just have to wait. Thanks for letting me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Sep 2016, 05:43

Alexm93 wrote:Alright, that's fine. Guess i'll just have to wait. Thanks for letting me know.

No problem; another reason we are not specializing in torrents is because if we uploaded the stuff on e.g. MediaFire or MEGA, people (not sympathetic to our work, i.e. the "anti-piracy faction") would simply report those links, and the entire account would get taken down. As it happened with certain items in the past already.

If you have any more questions in the future, feel free to open a new thread. Smile  Question answered, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top