Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem Installing TS2 Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem Installing TS2 Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack. Empty Problem Installing TS2 Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack.

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2016, 21:20

I'm currently installing the Sims 2 Complete Colection from your downloads page. I installed almost everything, but when I finished installing Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack, the message saying "This product will now ensure that your existing installation is up to date" shows up, I click OK, and a few seconds later, another message pops up saying that the stuff pack is not installed or wasn't properly installed in my computer. I press OK, and another message pops up: "The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate." And then it uninstalls itself.

I've tried unziping the .rar file again in another folder and updating the Sims 2. I can't use the noCD fix as I can't actually install Mansion and Garden.

Please help!
Help I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

Problem Installing TS2 Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack. Empty Re: Problem Installing TS2 Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Oct 2016, 22:18

angieramosf wrote:I'm currently installing the Sims 2 Complete Colection from your downloads page. I installed almost everything, but when I finished installing Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack, the message saying "This product will now ensure that your existing installation is up to date" shows up, I click OK, and a few seconds later, another message pops up saying that the stuff pack is not installed or wasn't properly installed in my computer. I press OK, and another message pops up: "The update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate." And then it uninstalls itself.

I've tried unziping the .rar file again in another folder and updating the Sims 2. I can't use the noCD fix as I can't actually install Mansion and Garden.

Please help!
Help I'm new here.

Hello and welcome to the forum @angieramosf, Smile

Try this: 

1) Navigate to C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES. If you see a subfolder in there named "The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff", delete that subfolder then.

2) You now have to unhide folders that are hidden. Not sure which Windows you have, but in Windows 7, go into any folder and look in the top left under Organize -> Folder and search options -> View, and then tick the option that says show hidden files, folders and drives. Click on Apply, then OK.

3) Go to C:\Program files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information. Look for a folder named {1A2A15C2-6780-49c1-B296-503230E9DE00}. If it's there, delete it. Please make sure to pay attention to that particular folder, and not delete anything else.

4) Now focus on the registry. Assuming you have a 64-bit Windows, press the Windows key + R. Type regedit and hit enter. Navigate under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> EA GAMES. Is there a folder named "The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff"? If yes, right-click on that registry entry only and select "delete".

5) Still in the registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Electronic Arts -> EA GAMES. Again, if you see an entry for "The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff", right-click on it and choose delete.

6) Then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Microsoft -> CurrentVersion ->Uninstall. Look for the entry named {1A2A15C2-6780-49c1-B296-503230E9DE00}. If you see it, delete it.

7) Re-boot the computer now, after which you try re-installing the expansion. Good luck and do keep us posted! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top