Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff CD/DVD Warning.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff CD/DVD Warning. Empty Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff CD/DVD Warning.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Apr 2018, 06:49

Hello, I just installed all the stuff packs and expansion packs from the Sims 2 Complete Collection. The only thing I'm having a problem with is the launcher's warning when I clicked Play. It says I need to have the CD/DVD for Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff for me to keep playing. How can I fix this?

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff CD/DVD Warning. Empty Re: Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff CD/DVD Warning.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Apr 2018, 18:29

g.AngeL wrote:Hello, I just installed all the stuff packs and expansion packs from the Sims 2 Complete Collection. The only thing I'm having a problem with is the launcher's warning when I clicked Play. It says I need to have the CD/DVD for Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff for me to keep playing. How can I fix this?

Welcome to the Forum @g.AngeL,

There should be a folder #Crack inside the Complete Collection-torrent. Copy the Sims2EP9.exe there, and paste it under C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. Replace the existing file when prompted. Then try the game again.

If you can't find that Sims2EP9.exe file, please make sure to add exclusions in your Windows Defender/antivirus software, so that these programs don't delete the file anymore. You can then re-download the Sims2EP9.exe file HERE.

Good luck!

P.S. please do not use the e-mail contact form, for asking Support. This is only done through the Forum. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff CD/DVD Warning. Empty Re: Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff CD/DVD Warning.

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 19:27

Hiya 

I'm having the same problem, i'v tried the suggestions above and its still asking me for a disk, is there anything else I could try? would it work if I just got a disk?

Many Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jun 2018, 21:07

Hazel89 wrote:Hiya 

I'm having the same problem, i'v tried the suggestions above and its still asking me for a disk, is there anything else I could try? would it work if I just got a disk?

Many Thanks

Welcome to the Forum,

You need to make sure that your Windows Defender & any other antivirus programs are not deleting the file. This can be achieved by "turning off" these programs, or preferably adding the install location of The Sims 2 (& subfolders) to the exclusions.

A guide on turning off Windows Defender under Windows 10 can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

As for any other security software you may have installed, please take a look at the available options or google the specific program to learn how to handle it. Good luck for now!

P.S. may I also ask where exactly (in terms of filepath) you copied the Sims2EP9.exe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top