Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing TS2 Complete Collection - Problem with Patch 2 for Open for Business

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing TS2 Complete Collection - Problem with Patch 2 for Open for Business Empty Installing TS2 Complete Collection - Problem with Patch 2 for Open for Business

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 10:34

Hi! First of all, thank you for your wonderful torrent!

I installed TS2 Double Deluxe, University and Open for Business without a problem (I did have to move the University folder to avoid the 'insert disc' problem, but that was easily solved).

The first patch for Open for Business installed just fine, but when I click the second patch it prompts me with a window saying: 'The Sims 2 Open For Business is not installed properly or improperly installed on your machine. Please install or reinstall.'

I've tried searching here and googling it, but to no avail.

Is it safe to skip patch 2? Or is there an easy fix so I can still apply the patch?

Thanks in advance for any help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Installing TS2 Complete Collection - Problem with Patch 2 for Open for Business Empty Re: Installing TS2 Complete Collection - Problem with Patch 2 for Open for Business

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 15:12

I've tried the G4TW download myself and every time I go to step 2 from the instructions I am requested to insert disc 1.

Back to top Go down

Installing TS2 Complete Collection - Problem with Patch 2 for Open for Business Empty Re: Installing TS2 Complete Collection - Problem with Patch 2 for Open for Business

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 15:28

Did you try moving the University folder to your desktop? That worked for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 16:15

Yes, thanks to your reply I managed to install it all and it works perfectly.

Reason why I have rewritten Carlos' instructions a little. The undermentioned is my revision to the instructions of Carlos. Note item 1a

--- START OF INSTRUCTIONS ---

1. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (Base game) - Double Deluxe Edition". Open the "AutoRun.exe" file to start the
   installation. When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: U6F7-98Q6-UKNC-CXNF-MZMW
   If you're asked to register your game online, choose "No". Follow through with the on-screen instructions.

1a. As soon as possible after any installation apply TS2_udate, link= THE SIMS 2 just once.
    Unpack the .rar file with winrar and copy the files and folders to Program Files (x86) - EA Games - The Sims2 Double DeLuxe - Base 

2. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP1) - University". Open the
   "AutoRun.exe" file to start the installation.
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: WCR9-HQXH-6WQL-5L78-7NRD
   Do not launch the game yet, after installation.
   If promped for a CD copy the folder to your desktop and install from there  (Thank you MartineCoppens)

3. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business". Open the
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: U53K-WDTY-6RQA-2RB4-S5E7
   If promped for a CD, copy the folder to your desktop and install from there (again thanks Martine)

4. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP4) - Pets". Open the "AutoRun.exe"
   file to start the installation.
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: XLYY-SW4F-TQA4-RJ8L-PAC4

5. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP5) - Seasons". Open the "AutoRun.exe"
   file to start the installation.
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: NGTB-NCU2-8U65-LXYZ-ZAYW

6. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP6) - Bon Voyage". Open the
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: SMUL-E5WM-UHRW-J6M3-VE9Y

7. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP7) - Free Time". Open the
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: XEQ8-QP5M-QXTY-SL4X-SHZ3

8. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (EP8) - Apartment Life". Open the
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: MRVM-RNS6-BA7L-WBZ3-YEY7

9. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP1) - Family Fun Stuff". Open the
   When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: ZM55-SJPG-MFMP-L5CG-DBY9

10. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP2) - Glamour Life Stuff". Open the
    When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: DFRH-2B47-CPTJ-DNVW-B49W

11. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP3) - Happy Holiday Stuff". Open the
    "setup.exe" file to start the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the stuffpack.

12. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP5) - H&M Fashion Stuff". Open the
    When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: CL7F-SQE2-5UHL-CNXB-XA3T

13. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP6) - Teen Style Stuff". Open the
    When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: W59Z-6SP8-H827-ECE7-G9KX

14. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file.
    Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP7) - Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff". Open the "AutoRun.exe" file to start
    the installation.
    When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: 5W6E-XEU2-L346-5ZUS-XZPK

15. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP8) - IKEA Home Stuff". Open the
    When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: RACC-F9Q5-FYWZ-8J2P-UQJ8

16. Go back to the main folder in the .RAR file. Open the folder called "The Sims 2 (SP9) - Mansion and Garden Stuff".
    Open the "AutoRun.exe" file to start the installation.
    When prompted for a serial number, use the following code: 9FKK-SKKL-CMUN-WCMM-SRLD

17. While still inside the "The Sims 2 (SP9) - Mansion and Garden Stuff" folder, open the "# Crack" folder in there.
    Drag & drop (or copy) the "Sims2EP9.exe" file in there to the folder where you installed the game to.
    By default this would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin
    When prompted, choose "Replace existing file" or "Copy and replace".

18. Start the game via the "The Sims™ 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff" icon on your Desktop OR the "Sims2EP9.exe" file from the
    folder in step 17 and... ENJOY playing!
    ***(DO NOT USE ANY OTHER THE SIMS 2 ICON ON YOUR DESKTOP, OR ANY OTHER .EXE FILE, AS ONLY THE "Mansion and Garden Stuff"
    LAUNCHER WILL ACTUALLY LAUNCH THE GAME!)***

NOTE: Note that upon the very first startup of the game, it may take a little while to actually load the playing world.
      Wait patiently!

--- END OF INSTRUCTIONS ---

So, 1 patch  TS2_Update does it all

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Oct 2016, 23:32

MartineCoppens wrote:Hi! First of all, thank you for your wonderful torrent!

I installed TS2 Double Deluxe, University and Open for Business without a problem (I did have to move the University folder to avoid the 'insert disc' problem, but that was easily solved).

The first patch for Open for Business installed just fine, but when I click the second patch it prompts me with a window saying: 'The Sims 2 Open For Business is not installed properly or improperly installed on your machine. Please install or reinstall.'

I've tried searching here and googling it, but to no avail.

Is it safe to skip patch 2? Or is there an easy fix so I can still apply the patch?

Thanks in advance for any help! Smile

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Theoretically...you could do without any of the patches (except for "Seasons" and "Bon Voyage", I believe, since these two EPs are crucial). It might even work with the patch that Tarac uploaded. But there is a reason I still included them in the guide: they fix at least some of the bugs and problems that come along with the game.

If you are having difficulties with the Open for business patches, try the one here:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/42267_130111164733sims2ep3_patch.exe

And see what happens. Smile  

Tarac wrote:Yes, thanks to your reply I managed to install it all and it works perfectly.

Reason why I have rewritten Carlos' instructions a little. The undermentioned is my revision to the instructions of Carlos. (...)

So, 1 patch  TS2_Update does it all

Unfortunately, the realization of that "Disk 1" problem just came up after the torrent was uploaded, otherwise I'd have included it in the guide of course. But we can link to the fix-post on the official page, too. As for the patch, the game might/should be playable even without applying all these patches, but still, using them shouldn't hurt in most cases.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top