Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems Installing The Sims 2: Complete Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems Installing The Sims 2: Complete Collection Empty Problems Installing The Sims 2: Complete Collection

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 15:48

Hello! I'm having trouble installing The Sims 2 and I was hoping someone could help me. I installed the base game with no problem, and some of the expansions, but I was unable to install University and Open for Business. When it was suppose to tell me to put in the serial number, it instead told me to "insert disk 1." I'm aware that the instructions say to just press "OK" and then continue with the installation process, but when I press "OK," the message doesn't go away, and pressing "Cancel" stops the installation process. 

I installed all of the packs that I could, and I installed the Mansion and Garden Stuff pack since it says in the instructions that it's the only one that will open the game when you click the icon. But when I clicked it and then clicked "Play," it says "Please insert the original "The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff" CD/DVD." Clicking retry just makes the message reappear, and cancel shuts the program.

Does anyone know what I may have done wrong? (Also, this might not be an important factor, but I'm using Windows 10.)

Back to top Go down

Problems Installing The Sims 2: Complete Collection Empty Re: Problems Installing The Sims 2: Complete Collection

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Nov 2016, 09:53

TheCloverPrincess wrote:Hello! I'm having trouble installing The Sims 2 and I was hoping someone could help me. I installed the base game with no problem, and some of the expansions, but I was unable to install University and Open for Business. When it was suppose to tell me to put in the serial number, it instead told me to "insert disk 1." I'm aware that the instructions say to just press "OK" and then continue with the installation process, but when I press "OK," the message doesn't go away, and pressing "Cancel" stops the installation process. 

I installed all of the packs that I could, and I installed the Mansion and Garden Stuff pack since it says in the instructions that it's the only one that will open the game when you click the icon. But when I clicked it and then clicked "Play," it says "Please insert the original "The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff" CD/DVD." Clicking retry just makes the message reappear, and cancel shuts the program.

Does anyone know what I may have done wrong? (Also, this might not be an important factor, but I'm using Windows 10.)

Hello and welcome to the forum @TheCloverPrincess,

Inside the Complete Collection there is a folder named #Crack, and in it a Sims2EP9.exe. Copy that file to C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. When  prompted, replace the existing file.

As for the installation of the "Open for Business" EP...have a look here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21964-the-sims-2-complete-collection-expansion-installation-please-insert-disk-number-1-fix

Especially part 2.) of the post. Smile

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top