Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update your game error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update your game error Empty Update your game error

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 10:23

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed the games just like you described, and I still get the error "The contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin play".

I have Sims 4, Get to Work, Get Together AND the ultimate fix. I've uninstalled them all and installed them again too. In the forum I saw you tell people to delete a .txt with the name GameVersion, but there is no such file in my folder.

Please help me, I've been trying to play this game for 2 days now, at this point, I'm just too stubborn to give up  Sad

Back to top Go down

Update your game error Empty Re: Update your game error

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:39

Goto: My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4.
Remove the file GameVersion.

Now play your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:40

Hi,
I'd appreciate it if you'd read what I wrote, as I have taken the time to rummage through the forum before posting a thread here.

There is no such file in my directory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:42

Do a search on your computer for GameVersion and you'll find the location (unless you have a Mac computer)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:43

mai_lapaine wrote:(...)I saw you tell people to delete a .txt with the name GameVersion, but there is no such file in my folder.

(...) Hi, I'd appreciate it if you'd read what I wrote, as I have taken the time to rummage through the forum before posting a thread here.

Hello and welcome to the forum first of all!

You are probably new to the sims-games, so you may not be aware of how the file system works. But yes, you're not looking in the right location. See the screenshot from my own system:

Update your game error Screen16

C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. In there you should find the GameVersion.txt. At that point, the reason you are getting the error is most likely is because you have (had) an Origin-version of the game installed on that computer. See this post here for more background, if you like:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions#150639

Good luck anyways!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:45

Oh, yes, thank you very much! I am not entirely new to the sims games, it just didn't occur to me to check in My Documents, I only searched the one in Program Files and couldnt find anything Smile) Thank you, I really appreciate the thorough response!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:48

mai_lapaine wrote:Oh, yes, thank you very much! I am not entirely new to the sims games, it just didn't occur to me to check in My Documents, I only searched the one in Program Files and couldnt find anything Smile) Thank you, I really appreciate the thorough response!

Most new users won't have anything to do with the folders under "(My) Documents", unless they e.g. install mods/custom content or do something with their savefiles. So yes, it's easily overlooked.

And you're welcome!  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top