Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Complete Collection? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection? [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Complete Collection? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 01:23

Hi, I'm posting here my problem I had with the Complete Collection since I figured there's already this thread about it, no need to create a new one.

So.
I am rather ashamed to say I messed up step 2 in the guidelines. 
I accidentally(I didn't know what I was doing) replaced the wrong files when I was doing the file replacing thing.
Is there anyway of fixing my error without having to download the base game again?
Please tell me there is D:

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Complete Collection? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:14

RayRay wrote:Hi, I'm posting here my problem I had with the Complete Collection since I figured there's already this thread about it, no need to create a new one.

So.
I accidentally(I didn't know what I was doing) replaced the wrong files when I was doing the file replacing thing.
Is there anyway of fixing my error without having to download the base game again?
As I, and apparently you also, do not know what exactly you've messed up, I suggest you remove the installation and start all over again.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Complete Collection? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 15:10

totalsims wrote:
RayRay wrote:Hi, I'm posting here my problem I had with the Complete Collection since I figured there's already this thread about it, no need to create a new one.

So.
As I, and apparently you also, do not know what exactly you've messed up, I suggest you remove the installation and start all over again.
I actually do know which file exactly I messed up, I'm just ashamed at myself for doing it Mad

So, in the guidelines to install the base game there's the step 3 that says
3. After the installation finished, open the "# Crack" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop (or copy) the
"TS3.exe" file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin  and choose "Replace"
on the popup that appears, telling you the file already exists.

So I went to check the Bin and there WAS NO file with that name and in the # Crack file there was also no file with that name, there was only the TS3W.exe file. So I renamed the file TS3W.exe to TS3.exe and replaced it.
Later, when I was finished with installing all the expansions I wanted I first tried to run the game and it gave the inser the disc error so went and I read that I needed to replace the TS3W.exe file, which I now noticed to exist in the Bin file.
So I thought, how do I do this if I've already renamed it and placed it as TS3.exe?
So I copied the TS3.exe file and changed its name back to TS3W.exe and replaced it with the TS3W.exe file in the Bin and then tried to play the game, obviously, it didn't work....like at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Nov 2016, 16:58

RayRay wrote:I actually do know which file exactly I messed up, I'm just ashamed at myself for doing it Mad

3. After the installation finished, open the "# Crack" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop (or copy) the
"TS3.exe" file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin  and choose "Replace"

So I went to check the Bin and there WAS NO file with that name and in the # Crack file there was also no file with that name, there was only the TS3W.exe file. So I renamed the file TS3W.exe to TS3.exe and replaced it.
Later, when I was finished with installing all the expansions I wanted I first tried to run the game and it gave the inser the disc error so went and I read that I needed to replace the TS3W.exe file, which I now noticed to exist in the Bin file.
So I thought, how do I do this if I've already renamed it and placed it as TS3.exe?
So I copied the TS3.exe file and changed its name back to TS3W.exe and replaced it with the TS3W.exe file in the Bin and then tried to play the game, obviously, it didn't work....like at all.

//SPLIT

Hello,

I split your posts and created a new topic for them. Smile  You simply should go again to the TS3 Ultimate fix (download) and re-copy the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files. Then you re-paste them under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. If you 'don't see' a TS3W.exe there, then you still should paste the two files there.

Then re-try the game. Smile

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 07:10; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 00:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
RayRay wrote:I actually do know which file exactly I messed up, I'm just ashamed at myself for doing it Mad

//SPLIT

Hello,

I split your posts and created a new topic for them. Smile  You simply should go again to the TS3 Ultimate fix (download) and re-copy the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files. Then you re-paste them under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. If you 'don't see' a TS3W.exe there, then you still should paste the two files there.

Then re-try the game. Smile
IT WORKS!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Nov 2016, 07:28

RayRay wrote:IT WORKS!!!!

Of course it does. Razz  

Feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need help. Until then, have fun with the game! Problem solved, topic closed.  Hail King Tea!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top