Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!) Empty Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!)

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2012, 04:23

So, I've downloaded the file, unzipped it into another folder within my Downloads, got the installation right up to 95% - before it asks me for ''Disk 2' when there is no ISO within the downloaded files. I know the crack is to stop it asking for a CD but to my knowledge; the crack replaces the original file after installing?

So, I tried unzipping the whole thing again, on to my Desktop this time. Click on the .exe and I'm prompted straight away with 'Insert Disk' oh! Any tips on how to resolve this? I've been playing the base game with no install, so I can't install the expansion packs separately (because it can't acknowledge the game, of course), so I'd love to get a fix for the Collection! xo

//EDIT

Also, while unzipping, there were some corrupted files from 'launcher' and 'setup' if that would have made a difference? I've tried repairing them myself, but it doesn't seem to be doing any good.

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!) Empty Re: Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 20 May 2012, 09:10

Hello,

Try extracting it with winRAR instead.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!) Empty Re: Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!)

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2012, 21:21

That is what I extracted it with, both times. I've tried a again, and now it's just asking for the disk straight after selecting 'install' on the launcher.
By saying 'unzipping', I mean I used WinRAR. Just got my words mixed up!

//EDIT

Okay, so after tweaking some things I've got it fully installed, got the launcher up; but after selecting Play, nothing happens. Literally nothing. It runs in my processes for a few seconds but then just dissapears! I had already done everything that has been recommended on the forum before searching for a different solution (playing in windowed mode, changing my DEP settings, running as admin, changing compatibility etc.) but still the same.
Weirdest thing is, I can hear the music...
I might just go buy the game now, but I think I've gotten to the point where I just want to make it work as opposed to playing it haha! Any more solutions would be amazing! xo

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 21 May 2012, 07:12

Hello,

Ok It's going to seem weird, but have a look at this video tutorial on how to install it.
It has helped a number of people to get the game to work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 21 May 2012, 15:02

Hello,

Can you show a screenshot of the error you get during the extraction of the .rar file? I think the .rar file may be corrupted.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 00:47

Yeah, I thought that. I had copied the errors into a .doc so I could attempt to repair them. I'm currently re-downloading the torrent after deleting it, so if the errors appear again, I'll screenshot them. Thank you guys for helping me! xo

//EDIT

Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!) Corrup11
I just tried installing after rebuilding the above corrupt files; to still be prompted with 'insert disk 2 of The Sims' xo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 May 2012, 20:44

Hello,

Yes, I'm afraid that error means the .rar file is corrupted. The only way to fix this is by completely removing the old one and then re-downloading it.
Be sure not to touch (stopping, pausing etc) the download while it's downloading and do pause all your other download activities.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 22:39

They say third time's a charm! I'll keep you updated xo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 May 2012, 22:41

Hello,

Thank you and good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 13:39

Hi !! I just tried to install the game, I did everything like in the video but when I've got the launcher up and after selecting Play, nothing happens. It runs in my processes for a few seconds but then just dissapears!
I already uninstall and re-install but the problem remains the same :/

What can I do to fix the problem ?

PS : I do not know if it helps but the pop up asking if I want to register did not appear after the installation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 May 2012, 15:44

Hello,

Did you get any errors during the installation?
Also, try running the game as an Admin. (Right-click on the .exe file and choose "Run as admin")
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 16:26

No I had no errors during the installation and I tried with the admin mode but It didn't work as well :/
Maybe I'm just unlucky ^^

EDIT:

I don't know if It helps but I always have this message:
Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!) Simsis11

Oh F*** it's in french sorry ^^ It says that it was not the optimal resolution for the game. The resolution should be 1366x768. (I don't know how to change it so maybe it's the problem !)

En then, I tried something else (To fix the problem of compatibility) and it says that:Sims 1 - The Complete Collection (Multiple problems!) Simsis10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 May 2012, 19:41

Hi there,

Haha, I don't know what you did... but you might want to contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 20:15

Okay ^^ Thank you anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 May 2012, 20:53

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox on the homepage.
I'm currently online.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 04:24

Hello again! Close, but no cigar. I managed to repair the files myself (I tried re-downloading, but exactly the same thing happened at 95%) - I get the launcher, but after clicking Play, nothing happens. It runs is my processes though? I think I might just go actually buy it. My computer is telling me I'm cheap...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 27 May 2012, 09:05

Hello,

Ahh a computer with morals lol.
You may as well buy it I guess, I doubt it's very expensive.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top