Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Install error "Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Install error "Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" Empty Sims 3 Install error "Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed"

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 19:06

Been trying to install them all for a while now and these are the steps I've taken.

Complete uninstall via Your Uninstaller!
Installed Sims 3
Installed manual update to 1.34 from site
Installed World Adventures
Installed Ambitions
Installed Late Night

Then the error starts occurring when I try installing Generations, Pets, or Showtime.

Everything was going smooth until installing Late Night (which installed without issues)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

//EDIT

Update: I reinstalled the base game, then continued with installing expansions and stuff packs in order then did the ultimate fix. However now it says the game can not load and the Sims Loader also gives an error.

Unable to start game

Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Install error "Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" Empty Re: Sims 3 Install error "Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed"

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:07

Hello,

Did you restart the pc after you uninstalled the base game?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Install error "Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" Empty Re: Sims 3 Install error "Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed"

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:12

Of course out of habit, even cleaned registry.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:40

Hello,

Ok you mention using the 1.34 patch and the fix. Do you also have one of the following expansions: Katy Perry Sweet treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations?
The fix requires at least one of these.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:44

I have all Expansions minus Katy Perry Sweet Treats

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:47

Hello,

Is it possible that there are still registry entries present from a previous install?
This video will tell you where to look.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:50

I'm pretty sure, however maybe EA has an issue with the game being in a custom location? My The Sims 3 folders are in my E:\Electronic Arts\ folder. That shouldn't be effecting it since the registry values are showing the correct path?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 00:20

Alright, just to know I did everything for sure.. I uninstalled everything for sims via Your Uninstaller. Then used CCleaner and also did a manual sweep of registry to find all sims related entries. I then restarted my pc and am going to begin redoing it all.

I knows there's a must read on how to, but just seeking clarification for my own sanity. I have all expansions and stuff packs minus the Katy Perry one.

I know I'll start with The Sims 3, is it imperative to install anything else in any specific order? Any advice would be grateful... I also think one of the expansions required me to update before I had finished installing them all.

Thanks in advance for the superb help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 04:35

Another update, I have all the sims 3 expansions and stuff packs installed minus the Katy Perry one. It loads, however it loads slowly. My computer is built for more demanding games yet this one acts as if it's ancient. Any advice? Still relatively fresh install.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 11 Jul 2012, 09:00

Hello,

It's not uncommon for The Sims to load slowly the first time you start it. Do you have mods or cc in package format?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top