Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DL issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DL issue. [SOLVED] Empty DL issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 09:39

Is there a direct download or only a torrent?  I'm sorry if I completely missed an obvious link or anything of the sort.  I've been up and about all day with my kids and I am extremely tired and in a lot of pain, I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question I just didn't see anywhere else posted to download this and my torrent is downloading way too slowly. Why.

Back to top Go down

DL issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: DL issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 10:05

Clovilah wrote:Is there a direct download or only a torrent?  I'm sorry if I completely missed an obvious link or anything of the sort.  I've been up and about all day with my kids and I am extremely tired and in a lot of pain, I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question I just didn't see anywhere else posted to download this and my torrent is downloading way too slowly. Why.

//MOVED

Hello @Clovilah and sorry to hear that,

We're not planning on adding any more of these "direct download links", from now on. As for the seeders, have a look at the post here and apply the recommended setting to your own torrent client:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

Also, make sure to forward your router ports, so that the forwarded ports match the ports in your µTorrent settings! I can't give any specific details on that due to the variety of available routers, but if you google the model name/number of your router plus "port forward(ing)" or something like that, you may get some useful search results.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 00:33

Thank you so much for the quick reply & link to help with torrents & seeding.  Where I live, I cannot have a direct connection to the internet and must rely on tethering to my phone, if I haven't gone over the data limit for the month.  I really appreciate everything it is you and the G4TW team do, including helping newbs like myself.  I couldn't possibly afford all of the Sims stuff by myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:19

Clovilah wrote:Thank you so much for the quick reply & link to help with torrents & seeding.  Where I live, I cannot have a direct connection to the internet and must rely on tethering to my phone, if I haven't gone over the data limit for the month.  I really appreciate everything it is you and the G4TW team do, including helping newbs like myself.  I couldn't possibly afford all of the Sims stuff by myself.

Sorry to hear about these difficulties,

But you are welcome. Smile  Was there anything else you needed at the moment, for this specific topic, or can we close the thread?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:31

No please go ahead and close it I got everything worked out.  

(@) _
|-|\____________________ (@)
| | \|-|
|-| Happy Holidays! | |
|_|\___________________ |-|
(@) \|_|
(@)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:37

Clovilah wrote:No please go ahead and close it I got everything worked out.  

(@) _
|-|\____________________ (@)
| | \|-|
|-| Happy Holidays! | |
|_|\___________________ |-|
(@) \|_|
(@)

Thank you so much again @Clovilah for the nice words, and a happy holidays to you and your family as well. Smile  Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us again if you need more help or advice. Have fun for now!  

Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top