Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4 1.45... 32-64 bit issue! Need help! [Solved]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 1.45... 32-64 bit issue! Need help! [Solved] Empty TS4 1.45... 32-64 bit issue! Need help! [Solved]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2018, 23:24

Good day!

I don't know what's wrong with my computer tbh, but for some reason I can't play the game in 32-bit mode anymore. Yes, my system is actually in 64-bit version, yes I can play it in 64 bit mode just fine (I just really want to play it in the other mode 'coz REASONS - hence why I opened this topic in the first place) and yes, my TS4 game file location is C:/Program Files(x86)/The Sims 4. 

Am I missing something or what? Before updating to 1.45 I used to be able to play it in 32-bit mode but now I can't. It just crashes right after the maxis logo appears with an error "The game has stop working". 

Why God. 

Please Help

Last edited by Izaquix078 on Sun 05 Aug 2018, 12:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

TS4 1.45... 32-64 bit issue! Need help! [Solved] Empty Re: TS4 1.45... 32-64 bit issue! Need help! [Solved]

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2018, 00:15

First of all: what DLCs do you have installed? Because minimum requirements for Sims 4 Cats & Dogs and later DLCs is 64-bit system. So it won't work in 32-bit mode. I'm surprised it worked for you till now.

BTW what are those reasons? Because I see no point starting the game in 32-bit mode when you have 64-bit operating system.

Back to top Go down

TS4 1.45... 32-64 bit issue! Need help! [Solved] Empty Re: TS4 1.45... 32-64 bit issue! Need help! [Solved]

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2018, 09:04

anadius1 wrote:First of all: what DLCs do you have installed? Because minimum requirements for Sims 4 Cats & Dogs and later DLCs is 64-bit system. So it won't work in 32-bit mode. I'm surprised it worked for you till now.

BTW what are those reasons? Because I see no point starting the game in 32-bit mode when you have 64-bit operating system.

Hi.

I have all the DLCs installed, actually. And okay, the truth is, the reason I wanted to use the 32-bit mode was because I noticed my game runs a bit smoother with it with the custom graphic settings turned on - no game crashes, nothing . . . well, maybe a little bit of lag here and there that consists of head bobbing and stuff whenever there's too many sims around in a concentrated area (still waiting for the update of the simulation lag fix, tbh). The loading was much faster too, a minute or two tops. That even if I leave the game on pause for hours, it's still there running. There was actually one time that I forgot to close the game and went to sleep and, surprise, it was still running the next day. 

That's why. 

I don't know if it's just me who experience this or what. And yes, I was aware of the minimum requirements thing ever since Cats & Dogs and that was when I was using my old laptop. I was using a different one now; I traded my old one for my dad's new one so . . . yeah.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the installation method was different from the previous DLCs/update. I don't know. Hopefully, someone can help me figure this out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2018, 09:43

Minimum requirements are 64-bit system (and running in 64-bit mode), you're trying to run the game in 32-bit mode. I guess you're on your own, good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2018, 12:55

Never mind, I already solved it.

Turned out . . . it was the mods fault.

I was investigating the problem with CAS/Gallery bug thing that made it go fade out. Speaking of the CAS/Gallery bug, perhaps the mods has something to do with it as well.

Man, sorting the mods to find the problem will be a nightmare.  Why.

Well, I guess this thread is closed . . . for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2018, 13:26

Update:

Found the culprit/s!

It was Sacrificial's mods Extreme Violence and Road to Fame that made the 32-bit mode crash. Just needed to update it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top