Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to extract files? CL not running in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where to extract files? CL not running in game Empty Where to extract files? CL not running in game

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 23:00

I have the base game/most DLCs already from another torrent source (FitGirl repacks), and I just downloaded the latest file from games4theworld so I could install only City Living + the Backyard stuff pack. After the torrent finished downloading, I had an .rar file containing folders labeled with each of the EPs/SPs in the file. I got rid of the folders labeled with SPs that I already have, and extracted everything else to my TS4 folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4). Upon opening the game, however, City Living doesn't load. I read the install instructions on this forum but they don't mention anything about where to extract files. 

Did I extract these files to the wrong location or am I missing some part of the installation process? Is is possible that the games4theworld files aren't compatible with the torrent I'm already using since it's from a different source? (I have almost 0 tech knowledge so simple explanations are appreciated lol)

Back to top Go down

Where to extract files? CL not running in game Empty Re: Where to extract files? CL not running in game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Dec 2016, 15:02

dancingk8 wrote:I have the base game/most DLCs already from another torrent source (FitGirl repacks), and I just downloaded the latest file from games4theworld so I could install only City Living + the Backyard stuff pack. After the torrent finished downloading, I had an .rar file containing folders labeled with each of the EPs/SPs in the file. I got rid of the folders labeled with SPs that I already have, and extracted everything else to my TS4 folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4). Upon opening the game, however, City Living doesn't load. I read the install instructions on this forum but they don't mention anything about where to extract files. 

Did I extract these files to the wrong location or am I missing some part of the installation process? Is is possible that the games4theworld files aren't compatible with the torrent I'm already using since it's from a different source? (I have almost 0 tech knowledge so simple explanations are appreciated lol)

Hello and welcome to the Forum @dancingk8,

You have to extract the contents of the City Living .rar, to wherever you installed your (FitGirl) Sims 4 installation. No, that is typically NOT under Documents. instead, look for example under C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4.

Please note that we are not related to FitGirl, hence we cannot give support on any uploads from that user. I do not know where the default install location for this FitGirl repack is.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Where to extract files? CL not running in game Empty Re: Where to extract files? CL not running in game

Post by Guest Sun 25 Dec 2016, 15:59

Rightclick on your shortcut for the Sims 4 on your desktop
Choose Properties.
Now you'll see where your installationfolder is.
Copy the folders over to the main folder The Sims 4 and not in folder Game

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:23

dancingk8 wrote:I have the base game/most DLCs already from another torrent source (FitGirl repacks), and I just downloaded the latest file from games4theworld so I could install only City Living + the Backyard stuff pack. After the torrent finished downloading, I had an .rar file containing folders labeled with each of the EPs/SPs in the file. I got rid of the folders labeled with SPs that I already have, and extracted everything else to my TS4 folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4). Upon opening the game, however, City Living doesn't load. I read the install instructions on this forum but they don't mention anything about where to extract files. 

I would also like to add, in the long run you should really get used to the "difference" between the Documents and Program files (x86) folders. Smile  
Documents            ---> everything "personal" (savefiles, in-game screenshots, game settings, mods, custom content, etc.)
Program files (x86) ---> the actual place where you install games (by default), and where you add new updates.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top