Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin Empty Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:14

I started up the game with Origin running in the background accidently. Didn't save anything and quit the game. Now, I can only start up the game if Origin is logged in. Otherwise I get a message saying I must be logged into Origin to start the game. Any way of fixing this?
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin Empty Re: Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:41

Weird. I have an issue where running Origin, even in offline mode, removed all of my goodies like OR and Xmas stuff. Now I can only play it when Origin is closed. This only began after I updated Origin today btw.

Back to top Go down

Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin Empty Re: Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Apr 2015, 05:04

professorchaos wrote:I started up the game with Origin running in the background accidently. Didn't save anything and quit the game. Now, I can only start up the game if Origin is logged in. Otherwise I get a message saying I must be logged into Origin to start the game. Any way of fixing this?
Thanks!

//MOVED

Hello,

I don't get that error myself, hence it's even weirder. Are you sure you do NOT have anything that is Origin-related open ? Not even the small window that prompts you to enter the Origin ID and password must be open. Also, open your task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE. Look under "processes" and see if you fidn anything Origin-related there. If you do, right-click on the process and select "end process".

In my game, I always log into the Origin account at first, and then start the game (I only do that when I want to download from the gallery, though). I download the stuff from the main menu of the game only, and then close the game, log out of Origin, close everything else about origin, and then I can re-start the game.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 00:02

Carlos wrote:
professorchaos wrote:I started up the game with Origin running in the background accidently. Didn't save anything and quit the game. Now, I can only start up the game if Origin is logged in. Otherwise I get a message saying I must be logged into Origin to start the game. Any way of fixing this?
Thanks!

//MOVED

Hello,

I don't get that error myself, hence it's even weirder. Are you sure you do NOT have anything that is Origin-related open ? Not even the small window that prompts you to enter the Origin ID and password must be open. Also, open your task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE. Look under "processes" and see if you fidn anything Origin-related there. If you do, right-click on the process and select "end process".

In my game, I always log into the Origin account at first, and then start the game (I only do that when I want to download from the gallery, though). I download the stuff from the main menu of the game only, and then close the game, log out of Origin, close everything else about origin, and then I can re-start the game.

Good luck for now !
No, this Simmer and I are suffering from teh same problem, all Origin software is shut down and they are commanding us to use it as we play, I have tried many things even the link you send me on another thread but nothing, I would reinstall the whole thing but I have a family with a strong story and I really wouldn't like to restart it all...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 18:15

for me I can lunch the game with origin running and its true the content don't show up but it doesn't delete them and I can access the gallery and when I lunch it without origin it doesn't need it maybe you didn't cracked it well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top