Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delete everything?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Delete everything? Empty Delete everything?

Post by Guest Sun 25 Dec 2016, 03:33

So a while ago I've already downloaded the Get Together pack and my game always ran smoothly. But today I decided to get the City Living pack, however it said I needed to download the packs in specific order? (GTW, GT, CL) so now what do I do? Do I delete everything in my Sims 4 folder first, download and install GTW and then re install GT and CL?

Edit: So I was impatient and I went ahead and deleted all the pack files and re-installed them. It seemed to work but when I try and start the Sims (with admin) it freezes and then says not responding and crashes itself. What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Delete everything? Empty Re: Delete everything?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Dec 2016, 14:57

Aisiee wrote:So a while ago I've already downloaded the Get Together pack and my game always ran smoothly. But today I decided to get the City Living pack, however it said I needed to download the packs in specific order? (GTW, GT, CL) so now what do I do? Do I delete everything in my Sims 4 folder first, download and install GTW and then re install GT and CL?

Edit: So I was impatient and I went ahead and deleted all the pack files and re-installed them. It seemed to work but when I try and start the Sims (with admin) it freezes and then says not responding and crashes itself. What should I do?

Hello @Aisiee,

Are you sure you kept the install order as Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

In case you did not, no need to re-install. Just start copying/pasting "Get to Work" again over your TS4 install folder. Then continue with "Get together", and finally "City Living". Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Dec 2016, 18:20

That is what I did in deleting and re installing aha I meant I re-copied everything again. But it still doesn't work. Do I have to recopy the base game at the very beginning as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:16

Aisiee wrote:That is what I did in deleting and re installing aha I meant I re-copied everything again. But it still doesn't work. Do I have to recopy the base game at the very beginning as well?

Yes, in that case you may want to start over completely, because initially you may have deleted something you weren't supposed to (even though you thought it belonged to an expansion). Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 23:11

Okay thank you! So I went and downloaded the base game on utorrent but its just setups? So should I uninstall the Sims 4 and start over from complete scratch?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Dec 2016, 03:59

Aisiee wrote:Okay thank you! So I went and downloaded the base game on utorrent but its just setups? So should I uninstall the Sims 4 and start over from complete scratch?

Yes, delete your "Sims 4" install folder completely and start afresh, with installing the base game (see the included instructions), and then applying Get to Work + Get together + City living. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top