Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC won't delete?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC won't delete? Empty CC won't delete?

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2019, 02:10

Hi!

So it appears that I have the opposite problem with CC, I can get it to show up with no problem, but I can't get some deleted package files to disappear from my game?  
I keep getting a Last Exception when I load up my game and I've found out what CC caused the problems, just some messed up furniture. I've deleted the files from the Mods folder, but they still show up in game and because of that I still get the exact same Last Exception file that I did prior to deleting the package files. I've cleared the cache, restarted the game and PC multiple times and the items are still showing up in build mode. 

I've never had this problem and have removed bad CC with no problems before.

I googled and, of course, people suggest to repair the game with Origin. Not really an option for me, haha. I've searched the forum and I couldn't find another topic on this.

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

CC won't delete? Empty Re: CC won't delete?

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2019, 12:20

Go to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" and delete all folders and files with "cache" in name.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Sep 2019, 20:27

thisismydivision wrote:Hi!

So it appears that I have the opposite problem with CC, I can get it to show up with no problem, but I can't get some deleted package files to disappear from my game?  
I keep getting a Last Exception when I load up my game and I've found out what CC caused the problems, just some messed up furniture. I've deleted the files from the Mods folder, but they still show up in game and because of that I still get the exact same Last Exception file that I did prior to deleting the package files. I've cleared the cache, restarted the game and PC multiple times and the items are still showing up in build mode. 

I googled and, of course, people suggest to repair the game with Origin. Not really an option for me, haha. I've searched the forum and I couldn't find another topic on this.

Any ideas?

Just a small additional remark: "repairing the game with Origin" is - on cracked Sims 4 games - basically like using anadius's validator tool, and if errors are shown, new files are to be applied. In your instance, I don't think that using the validator tool is necessary. As anadius said, this is more than likely another cache-related issue. See this post here too, on how to remove the cache:
https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2019, 20:59

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
thisismydivision wrote:Hi!

Any ideas?

Just a small additional remark: "repairing the game with Origin" is - on cracked Sims 4 games - basically like using anadius's validator tool, and if errors are shown, new files are to be applied. In your instance, I don't think that using the validator tool is necessary. As anadius said, this is more than likely another cache-related issue. See this post here too, on how to remove the cache:
https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php

Yess, aye lieeke!
I, for some reason, don't have a folder called 'cache' in my directory. I had already followed that guide and cleared out localthumbscache.package and the single spotlight package that could be found in the cachestr, and fiddled around with the saves folder. The problem still persists. Not sure what to do about the missing cache folder though.

It's not like it's game breaking and I could ignore the last exception. But it's a little bit repetitive to constantly check the LE file only to find it's that annoying CC and not a game breaking bad script mod. That big orange box never fails to make me nervous.  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Sep 2019, 21:02

thisismydivision wrote:
I, for some reason, don't have a folder called 'cache' in my directory. I had already followed that guide and cleared out localthumbscache.package and the single spotlight package that could be found in the cachestr, and fiddled around with the saves folder. The problem still persists. Not sure what to do about the missing cache folder though.

It's not like it's game breaking and I could ignore the last exception. But it's a little bit repetitive to constantly check the LE file only to find it's that annoying CC and not a game breaking bad script mod. That big orange box never fails to make me nervous.  Oh my...

If you don't have any of these cache files or folders (and this basically goes for any Sims game!), then just roll with it. In other words, you're fine. 

Not sure about this last exception thing, it could be indicative of some type of savefile error. If you want to play around a bit, try using a fresh savefile, and see how it "goes" there.

Yess, aye lieeke! Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2019, 22:08

You can always move whole "The Sims 4" folder from "Documents\Electronic Arts" to Desktop. Start the game, close it, and then copy "saves", "Mods" and "Tray" from folder on Desktop to the one in Documents. If the problem still persist then your CC is still in "Mods" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top