Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can I delete?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What can I delete? Empty What can I delete?

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:57

This isn't exactly a problem, but the thing is that I'm trying to clean out unwanted files and folders just to make for more room on my computer and what-not, and I came upon the folder I had especially created for the files that come when you extract the .zip. I have all the expansions that have been released, and all of these folders together are a total of 123 gb. I'm aware that deleting this these files will (most likely) not effect my game at all, but I want to keep them in case I ever have to uninstall anything for glitch purposes, and to have them there instead of having to re-download them from the website which can take hours. I've tried simply keeping the Installer file but when I do that it gives me an error and says that it's missing some other files.

Any information on this would be helpful.

Back to top Go down

What can I delete? Empty Re: What can I delete?

Post by invalidusername Thu 21 Mar 2013, 05:01

Personally, I'd recommend getting rid of the separate files, and keeping a copy of all of the zip files instead, as those are compressed. You could even get a 16GB flash drive and fit most of the .zip files on there, so it's taking up even less space on your computer (after you seed for a while, of course) Razz
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 23:39

Sorry for the late reply, but I've got to say that that is really smart. I'm glad I kept all of the .zip files. Thank you! And haha yes of course.

EDIT //

Well actually it'd only cut the size in half, but 60-something gigs is still a big difference from 123.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top