Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Dec 2016, 16:25

So...I got The Sims 2 to work perfectly fine on my new laptop...but I ended up leaving my charger at school and I won't be there for another 2 weeks. I is confused 
I downloaded the ultimate collection on to my old laptop so that I would be able to play it, but it is having the same problem as it did before. The game opens fine, but when you go into CAS or try to play with an existing family, the game crashes and there is an error message that occurs saying that the game has crashed and it will now terminate.

//EDIT

The game was finally opening and loading CAS, but now it won't even open and has an error message saying, "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0C compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
I tried downloading DirectX 9.0c, but the installer says that I already have a later version of it.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Dec 2016, 14:42

Ciel wrote:So...I got The Sims 2 to work perfectly fine on my new laptop...but I ended up leaving my charger at school and I won't be there for another 2 weeks. I is confused 
I downloaded the ultimate collection on to my old laptop so that I would be able to play it, but it is having the same problem as it did before. The game opens fine, but when you go into CAS or try to play with an existing family, the game crashes and there is an error message that occurs saying that the game has crashed and it will now terminate.

//EDIT

The game was finally opening and loading CAS, but now it won't even open and has an error message saying, "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0C compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
I tried downloading DirectX 9.0c, but the installer says that I already have a later version of it.

Hello again,

Pleas re-download the NoCD-file here:
https://goo.gl/3DWMPp

Extract with WinRAR and make sure to copy/paste the file to the correct location. 
C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. Then try running the game again. Smile

The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED] G34wEg1

If you put this Sims2Ep9.exe in the location shown above, and you start this .exe file, the game should run as well...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 21:31

It's still crashing at the CAS menu...like, it will load up until I try to create a new sim.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Dec 2016, 03:32

Ciel wrote:It's still crashing at the CAS menu...like, it will load up until I try to create a new sim.

The very first thing you should do is add that entire install location of The Sims 2 to your exclusions in "Windows Defender" and any other anti-virus software you might have. Smile  The reason you got this weird "DirectX9" error is because your NoCD-file was deleted, probably.

Then you try looking at this here and make the changes to that GraphicsRules.sgr file, as described in the topic. Make sure to set the resolution in the .sgr file, that matches your (laptop) screen's resolution. After you made these changes to that text file, SAVE the changes. You can do so by clicking in the top left under File -> Save. Or you should get a message upon exiting the .sgr file, whether you want to save the changes.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21997-failed-to-find-compatible-directx-changing-in-game-screen-resolution-in-the-sims-2-fix

Then you go under Control Panel/System/Advanced (tab)/Performance/Settings/Data Execution Prevention. Tick the button that is marked in the screenshot below. Alternatively tick the other option and then navigate to the Sims2EP9.exe manually (for the exact location see my previous post). Confirm and save the changes.

The Sims 2 crashing in CAS. [SOLVED] 6xjqoX9

After all that try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2016, 02:11

I did all of the steps you told me to do, but it still crashes in CAS. It lasted a bit longer until it crashed, but I was only able to choose a gender and then I got the message saying it will terminate.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:38

Ciel wrote:I did all of the steps you told me to do, but it still crashes in CAS. It lasted a bit longer until it crashed, but I was only able to choose a gender and then I got the message saying it will terminate.

I might actually (have to) help you again through TeamViewer, one of these days. Feel free to check the chatbox again, to see if I am online there. Smile

//EDIT

In the meantime, also have a look at this here, in case you haven't yet:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22860-deleting-cache-files-in-the-sims-2
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 07:46

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Ciel wrote:I did all of the steps you told me to do, but it still crashes in CAS. It lasted a bit longer until it crashed, but I was only able to choose a gender and then I got the message saying it will terminate.

I might actually (have to) help you again through TeamViewer, one of these days. Feel free to check the chatbox again, to see if I am online there. Smile

//EDIT

In the meantime, also have a look at this here, in case you haven't yet:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22860-deleting-cache-files-in-the-sims-2
I tried deleting the cache files, and it still doesn't work. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:08

Ciel wrote:I tried deleting the cache files, and it still doesn't work. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Was the game/CAS working fine at some point? And did you change anything about your computer or the game (settings) at one point or another...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 18:58

No, it never worked on this laptop. It DID last for longer when I added mods and fixed the screen resolution, but it still wouldn't load past the CAS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 18:58

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Ciel wrote:I tried deleting the cache files, and it still doesn't work. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Was the game/CAS working fine at some point? And did you change anything about your computer or the game (settings) at one point or another...?
I've tried like everything on different websites and it's still not fixed. I've also been logging into the chatbox to see if you were online at some point, but I may have been logging in at the wrong times. Help, please? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Jan 2017, 14:30

Ciel wrote:I've tried like everything on different websites and it's still not fixed. I've also been logging into the chatbox to see if you were online at some point, but I may have been logging in at the wrong times. Help, please? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Sorry for the late reply,

I may or may not be on the chatbox, because I currently don't really have much time unfortunately. Re-visiting the thread, there wouldn't be too much I could do myself, I'm afraid. But let's see.

First, press the Windows key + R. Type in dxdiag and hit enter. Now, open up the tab that says DISPLAY, it contains information about the graphics devices on your computer. Please screenshot the entire tab and upload the screenshot here.

Did you also consider that normally, laptops are not made/intended for gaming purposes? I know that sounds harsh, but it is the truth, sadly. Laptops are generally intended for office tasks and light multimedia (music, videos, etc.). Are you playing any other games on that computer and if so, is everything working fine...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2017, 19:37

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Ciel wrote:I've tried like everything on different websites and it's still not fixed. I've also been logging into the chatbox to see if you were online at some point, but I may have been logging in at the wrong times. Help, please? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Sorry for the late reply,

I may or may not be on the chatbox, because I currently don't really have much time unfortunately. Re-visiting the thread, there wouldn't be too much I could do myself, I'm afraid. But let's see.

First, press the Windows key + R. Type in dxdiag and hit enter. Now, open up the tab that says DISPLAY, it contains information about the graphics devices on your computer. Please screenshot the entire tab and upload the screenshot here.

Did you also consider that normally, laptops are not made/intended for gaming purposes? I know that sounds harsh, but it is the truth, sadly. Laptops are generally intended for office tasks and light multimedia (music, videos, etc.). Are you playing any other games on that computer and if so, is everything working fine...?
It's okay, I understand that you were busy, especially during the holidays. I can play Sims 3 & 4 fine on this laptop, as well as my other games like Dragon Age and some MMO's on low-medium settings, so I thought that it wasn't the graphics that was the issue. I thought I may have to download something to get it to work or something, like the issue last time.
Here's the screenshot.
http://prntscr.com/dsbd2s

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Jan 2017, 19:44

Ciel wrote:It's okay, I understand that you were busy, especially during the holidays. I can play Sims 3 & 4 fine on this laptop, as well as my other games like Dragon Age and some MMO's on low-medium settings, so I thought that it wasn't the graphics that was the issue. I thought I may have to download something to get it to work or something, like the issue last time.
Here's the screenshot.

OK, good. Smile  You may want to give this tool here a try now:
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2017, 07:11

Might be a bit late :> But im having the exact same issue, I followed all the previous steps in this topic. 

Edit: I should also mention this occurs in all of the story series too! Pet stories, Cast away stories, etc. I can play pre-made households fine, but when it comes to CAS, it just crashes. I can run TS3, TSM and TS4 just fine. I dont see the issue.

Last edited by epiceh123 on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 07:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Further Play Testing.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2017, 20:46

epiceh123 wrote:Might be a bit late :> But im having the exact same issue, I followed all the previous steps in this topic. 

Edit: I should also mention this occurs in all of the story series too! Pet stories, Cast away stories, etc. I can play pre-made households fine, but when it comes to CAS, it just crashes. I can run TS3, TSM and TS4 just fine. I dont see the issue.
This actually happened to me too. I tried playing Pet Stories before and it was the same issue. I was finally able to actually play TS2 after downloading the link he told me to, though, and followed the steps underneath it. I'm not exactly sure how it fixed it, but it did.

//EDIT

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Ciel wrote:It's okay, I understand that you were busy, especially during the holidays. I can play Sims 3 & 4 fine on this laptop, as well as my other games like Dragon Age and some MMO's on low-medium settings, so I thought that it wasn't the graphics that was the issue. I thought I may have to download something to get it to work or something, like the issue last time.
Here's the screenshot.

OK, good. Smile  You may want to give this tool here a try now:
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
Wow...that actually worked. Thank you so much. I'm going to try playing the other Sims games with it (Pet stories, Castaway) and see if it fixes those too.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Jan 2017, 06:37

Ciel wrote:Wow...that actually worked. Thank you so much. I'm going to try playing the other Sims games with it (Pet stories, Castaway) and see if it fixes those too.

Good to hear, and please do! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2017, 18:03

Alrighy after messing with a few setting in that program I got it to work! thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 01:30

epiceh123 wrote:Alrighy after messing with a few setting in that program I got it to work! thanks!
Yep, Pet Stories also works for me too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jan 2017, 02:42

My issue seems to be back... I just quit with the sims 2...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Jan 2017, 15:56

Ciel wrote:Yep, Pet Stories also works for me too!

Good to hear. Very Happy

epiceh123 wrote:My issue seems to be back... I just quit with the sims 2...

That's not good to hear. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I don't know what exactly the method with that third-party tool does differently, but as far as I understand, if you do the method here properly:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21997-failed-to-find-compatible-directx-changing-in-game-screen-resolution-in-the-sims-2-fix

It should be the same, or am I totally wrong? In any case, if you feel you need support on the issue, you should open a new topic for yourself. In the meantime, I'll close the thread here, since the OP's problem has been solved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top