Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All expansions/stuff/game packs have uninstalled themselves! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All expansions/stuff/game packs have uninstalled themselves! [SOLVED] Empty All expansions/stuff/game packs have uninstalled themselves! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 12:21

Was using G4TW version of sims 4 (all packs and updates provided installed), it was working perfectly yesterday.  I started up the game today and it's literally the base game.  Also came up with notification saying all saves associated with the packs have been deleted and I may notice some deleted items from base game saves... HELP?!

Back to top Go down

All expansions/stuff/game packs have uninstalled themselves! [SOLVED] Empty Re: All expansions/stuff/game packs have uninstalled themselves! [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Dec 2016, 12:58

Hello,

Is there anything that could've changed? A virus scan perhaps, that may have deleted some files? Is there anyone in your household that may have accidentally uninstalled programs?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

All expansions/stuff/game packs have uninstalled themselves! [SOLVED] Empty Re: All expansions/stuff/game packs have uninstalled themselves! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:02

No, no virus scans, no virus alerts, and it's my personal laptop only I have access to

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:05

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to tell you at this point, please wait for @The_gh0stm4n to see your message. He will probably come by within the next 12-24 hours.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:08

Ok many thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:08

It looks like you have the G4TW downloads installed on top of a legal Origin Game.
When Origin updates you'll loose all pirated DLC's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:14

I don't, I have all G4TW including base game. I dont use origin

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:15

You may want to look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:21

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I was looking for another thread!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:30

UPDATE: It's sorted! Thank you! I had issues with the folder permissions

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Dec 2016, 13:32

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you run into problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Jan 2017, 06:33

I just want to add, that expansions/DLC cannot "uninstall themselves", if you copied & pasted them properly in the first place. Any and all issues that arise are due to file or folder permission problems, and the newer Windows-systems are in particular prone to this type of thing. Not just with The Sims 4, but in many other games as well. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top