Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 CC problems?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 CC problems? Empty The Sims 4 CC problems?

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 18:42

Hello all.

I downloaded The Sims 4, The Sims 4: Get to Work, The Sims 4: Get Together, and The Sims 4 fix from Games4TheWorld a very long time ago, when it was all a bit new. I played the game and had installed a lot of CC and everything worked just fine back then.

Now, I've pulled the old install files off of my external hard drive and installed it on my new computer, including all my old custom content. The game runs just fine, but not one single piece of custom content will show up in my game. When I start the game, it doesn't show the pop-up showing all the added mods and warning that EA doesn't support mods etc. It's like they are not being recognized at all. I have CC and mods enabled. The mods are in
Users\[user]\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
and the resource.cfg file is in the Mods folder as well. I took all of my CC out of the extra subfolders as well but still nothing works. Picture is attached.

It's all the same old game files, same version number, and same CC as I used in the past, so I don't understand why it's not working now.
When I first ran the game, I got an error message that Origin wasn't running, so I moved my game install from 
C:\Program Files x86\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
to just
C:\Program Files x86\The Sims 4
and it got rid of the problem immediately. The game runs really well otherwise but I don't think I'm very interested in playing without all my CC.

It's worth noting that I'm playing the 64bit version of the game on Windows 7.
It also might be worth noting that the game wouldn't run when I attempted to manually edit the resource.cfg file to add additional subfolder depths, even though I did it according to instructions found on this site. I got the "game data missing or damaged" error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 CC problems? Empty Re: The Sims 4 CC problems?

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 18:45

The Sims 4 CC problems? Ccprob10

Sorry, I couldn't get the image to send with my original post.

**UPDATE**
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but still I cannot access any custom content.

I cannot find any newer versions of the Sims 4 fix anywhere on this site. The Ultimate Fix forum post has no active links. Can anyone link me any version of the fix newer than 1.13?

**UPDATE 2**
I tried installing MtS Mod Manager and it still has not helped.

Last edited by oksharkcar on Thu 05 Jan 2017, 19:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updates)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jan 2017, 21:03

//Topic moved.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
The latest version of the game is included with the City Living download. Unfortunately there's no "update only" crack available at this point.
I'm unfamiliar with the use of mods in TS4, so you may have to wait for my teammate, or someone else to comment on that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 22:33

Ɛɗιη wrote:
The latest version of the game is included with the City Living download.

Are there other, slightly older fix versions laying around? I am on my final DMCA warning with my ISP and don't want to torrent any content.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2017, 00:56

**UPDATE 3**

After uninstalling the game, I reinstalled it without the fix I had. The game still worked but with no CC showing up. I just deleted my mods folder, applied the fix, and tried again. The game runs before I put anything in the mods folder. When I then put my CC in the new mods folder, where the resource.cfg file is, the game will no longer run and I get the error message
"Unable to start:
Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game."

Is there something wrong with my game, then? Perhaps I will have to redownload the entire game.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2017, 10:01

It sounds more like your CC is broken or incompatible. Try downloading a completely new piece to see how that goes, and please let us know the results.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2017, 20:58

I've been installing the CC a few pieces at a time and some work, while other pieces completely crash the game. Some of the files must have become corrupted at some point.

Is there any way to test to see which pieces are incompatible? I have almost two thousand individual package files and it's going to be a pain to add them a few at a time trying to find the broken ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 22:53

oksharkcar wrote:I've been installing the CC a few pieces at a time and some work, while other pieces completely crash the game. Some of the files must have become corrupted at some point.

Is there any way to test to see which pieces are incompatible? I have almost two thousand individual package files and it's going to be a pain to add them a few at a time trying to find the broken ones.

I had the same issue with crashing and also had to check my CC. I have over 3,000 so there was no way I was going to test them individually. I moved the mods folder to my desktop and started adding them back to the game in batches. For example I sorted them alphabetically and added in all A-C and ran it, if there were no crashes I moved on to D-G, etc until I found the batch that was causing the problem then broke it down even further to pinpoint the cause. It did take awhile but it was much better than testing them one at a time. I'm not sure if there is an easier way but it worked and my game now runs without crashing. Good luck!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top