Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4.exe has been changed or removed? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4.exe has been changed or removed? [SOLVED] Empty TS4.exe has been changed or removed? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:56

Hi,

I've installed the Sims 4 as per the instructions, and for some reason when I try to run it, this keeps popping up:

" This item 'TS4.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?"

I'm not sure where I went wrong exactly, as, again, I've done everything exactly as instructed. Should I be checking after every installation to see if it is working properly? I checked after the base game was installed, and it was fine, but didn't check after every expansion pack. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

- shugs87

Back to top Go down

TS4.exe has been changed or removed? [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS4.exe has been changed or removed? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2017, 00:15

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Well, that is because you followed the instructions. Since you were asked to move the "The Sims 4" folder out of the default location, the shortcut on your desktop no longer points in the right direction.
Feel free to delete that shortcut, and create another one from your install directory Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

TS4.exe has been changed or removed? [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS4.exe has been changed or removed? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2017, 01:05

It worked! Thank you so much!! I've been trying to figure this out since yest, and I really should have continued reading beyond the "Done!" in the installation instructions. I feel super silly now, haha. Thanks again, I really appreciate your time.

- shugs87

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Jan 2017, 18:19

shugs87 wrote:It worked! Thank you so much!! I've been trying to figure this out since yest, and I really should have continued reading beyond the "Done!" in the installation instructions. I feel super silly now, haha. Thanks again, I really appreciate your time.

- shugs87

Good that it's nothing worse than just an obsolete desktop shortcut. Very Happy  Feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need more support or advice. Until then, have fun with the game!

Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top