Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims changed in CAS and in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims changed in CAS and in game Empty Sims changed in CAS and in game

Post by Guest Sat 02 Sep 2017, 00:23

I was cleaning up my pc and my real time protection antivirus came on. Even though I turned it off the sims 4 game still wouldn't come on. So I copied all the folders back into C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4. After re installing the game packs back into my game, I noticed that all my edited sims heads from all my saves heads got wider and their eye height got higher. Can you think of any reason why this happened and what steps do I have to perform to get my edited sims back to normal. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Sims changed in CAS and in game Empty Re: Sims changed in CAS and in game

Post by Guest Sat 02 Sep 2017, 07:25

Hey there,

If you happen to have any mods/CCs, I'd recommend taking them out first to eliminate the possibility of conflicting mods. Alternatively, you can rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents, and start the game anew to see if the bug is still there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Sep 2017, 20:14

The first thing I did was delete all mods from the folder. I went back in the game and it seems as if the mods didn't have an impact on the weird cas bug. Then, I renamed the Sims 4 folder in documents. The game ended up resetting with all my previous saves & sims were gone as if I was installing the game for the first time on the pc. As a result, I had to perform a system restore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Sep 2017, 20:30

kellidelli wrote:The first thing I did was delete all mods from the folder. I went back in the game and it seems as if the mods didn't have an impact on the weird cas bug. Then, I renamed the Sims 4 folder in documents. The game ended up resetting with all my previous saves & sims were gone as if I was installing the game for the first time on the pc. As a result, I had to perform a system restore.
Hi there,

If you had renamed the Sims 4 folder, the game will think that it's the first time you're playing it so it will auto-create a new folder for you. This means that you will start the game 'fresh' with no mods/ccs, no 'corrupted' saves, and your settings will be reset to default. But don't worry, your saves are not gone. You can put them back from the renamed folder after making sure the game has no bugs. It's better to save/move out the mods folder rather than deleting them so that you won't have to download them again. The 3 main folders you can backup are Mods, Saves and Trays.

System restore -> Are you talking about system restore for the pc? I normally would not suggest that since, it seems abit drastic. Nonetheless, is the bug gone after doing the system restore? Also, you can test the game when you had renamed the Sims 4 folder earlier, like mentioned, no saves, no mods, and create a new random sim to see if the bug is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Sep 2017, 04:23

I believe that the bug is probably gone after doing the system restore however, now it's just a matter of restoring the old saves back into my game. My old saves are in the new folder that I created but when I load the game the saves doesn't show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 10:22

kellidelli wrote:I believe that the bug is probably gone after doing the system restore however, now it's just a matter of restoring the old saves back into my game. My old saves are in the new folder that I created but when I load the game the saves doesn't show up.
Have you tried running the game once to make it auto create all the necessary folders again? Try putting in Slot_00000001.save and it's versions (ver0 -ver4) inside your saves folder to see if it's able to detect the game. If not, do the same thing for Slot_00000002.save and the same for other slots as well. If none of those got detected, try to create a random family, save it, and see where the saves are stored at. Since for Windows 10, they might be stored at OneDrive instead. If you're not on Win10, you can ignore it.

Next, try renaming the Slot_00000002.save.ver0 to Slot_00000002.save. You can make a backup copy of your Slot_00000002.save beforehand. Take note that there will be a progression difference, take mine for example, my ver0 is one hour behind my main save. If I change it from ver0 to save, that means I will lose my one hour of game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top