Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 after installing City Living makes my fan go crazy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 after installing City Living makes my fan go crazy Empty Sims 4 after installing City Living makes my fan go crazy

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2017, 18:01

Hi! 

My problem is a bit complicated. I would like to say first that I read carefully every instructions, guides and topic, but I didn't find anyone with a problem like that.

I installed The Sims 4 base game nearly a year ago. It worked perfectly and never had any problem with it. 
Then in the last couple of months, I installed get to work and get together too, had no problem still.

Yesterday I downloaded City Living, and installed. I had to open the game as administrator, everything worked perfectly again. Well, after a couple minutes of running, my laptop's fan started to make very loud noises, which never happened before. I thougth maybe it's just because I'm using it the first time since the update, and it will stop after everything loaded. It didn't.
So it's like, I'm opening the game, the fan start the noises, it goes on for like 1-2 minutes, then it stop. But after 4-5 minutes it's starting again, which is very frustrating.

The next thing which happened after like 10 minutes of playing, is that the whole screen crashed, then my laptop said that it's graphics something crashed but then recovered (my laptop is not in english, so sorry I don't remember correctly), but I needed to close sims because it froze.

I had mods and cc turned off already (I have a couple of cc, and never had problem with them), but then I tried setting the graphics and everything in sims to low, however it's still happening.

It's so strange for me because I never had any problem with the sims 4 before, my fan never went crazy and the graphics were never too much, it only started to happen after I installed City Living.

I did many research, and according to them my laptop is strong enough to play the sims 4 on it.

As a last chance, I thought I would try replace the sims files with the ones from Get Together,  so I would have my game as I had before, but it won't work, because it says that according to my user data I have (? again don't remember correctly Sad ) newer version of sims 4 so I need to update it from origin. I never had origin on my laptop.

Now I'm clueless, I have no idea what could cause this, mainly that only after the City Living.
Now I can't play the game at all, I put back the newest version but it makes my fan go crazy.

I would really appreciate any thoughts, I didn't find anything which could help.

Is it normal that my laptop can play the sims 4 perfectly, and after an update it couldn't?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 after installing City Living makes my fan go crazy Empty Re: Sims 4 after installing City Living makes my fan go crazy

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2017, 21:53

Re: the fan-problem.
The bigger the game the more it asks from your CPU.
Have you checked the cooling vents (especially on the bottom) of your laptop. Maybe they are clogged with dust.
Don't use your laptop on: your lap, soft underground, blanket or anything else that's blocking the airstream on the bottom-side.

Re: Reversing your game to an earlier version.
Open the folder The Sims 4 in Documents - Electronic Arts.
Remove the file GameVersion.
Start your game

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 after installing City Living makes my fan go crazy Empty Re: Sims 4 after installing City Living makes my fan go crazy

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 19:31

Yes I checked, and it won't be the dust, seems like my laptop just can't handle the newer version.

Thank you so much! I managed to reverse it, and the old one works perfectly.
I will just wait till I can get a stronger device.

Really thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Jan 2017, 16:17

Juliette7 wrote:Yes I checked, and it won't be the dust, seems like my laptop just can't handle the newer version.

Thank you so much! I managed to reverse it, and the old one works perfectly.
I will just wait till I can get a stronger device.

Really thank you! Smile

Hello @Juliette7 and welcome to the Forum,

Sorry for the late reply first of all. But what you could try as well is to lower all graphics settings, and tick the game option that says "laptop mode", in The Sims 4 options menu.

The other thing to think about is, have you closed all other background processes prior to playing the game? Google for "Razer GameBooster", which is a tool that can help you a little bit with closing unnecessary processes.

I also suggest you try doing a complete malware/virus check on your laptop (make sure to exclude the install location of The Sims 4 though). If your laptop is struggling with a game that is deliberately designed to run on *nearly everything* - even some netbooks - then chances are something else is hogging up your computer resources. And more often than not these are malware and similar things.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top