Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32bit working 64bit not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

32bit working 64bit not working Empty 32bit working 64bit not working

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 03:00

im running 64bit windows 10 pro. followed the instructions about moving install location. but when I try to open the 64x exe i get a system error saying MSVCP120.dll is missing....i can play the game no problem with the 32bit exe.

anyways i can fix this?

Back to top Go down

32bit working 64bit not working Empty Re: 32bit working 64bit not working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Jan 2017, 07:20

bgtguest wrote:im running 64bit windows 10 pro. followed the instructions about moving install location. but when I try to open the 64x exe i get a system error saying MSVCP120.dll is missing....i can play the game no problem with the 32bit exe.

anyways i can fix this?

Hello @bgtguest and welcome to the Forum,

Try moving your install folder of "The Sims 4" directly under C:\Program files (a.k.a. away from Program files x86). Then use again the TS4_x64.exe and see what error message(s) - if any - you get now. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top