Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 won't install. Windows 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Sims 4 won't install. Windows 10 Empty Sims 4 won't install. Windows 10

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2017, 07:51

Hey so I've been trying to install the sims 4, but everytime I do it gets part way through and then stops and this message pops up: "this process can not access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file". Both origin and my antivirus software were turned off at the time. I've tried running it as an admin and I've tried reunpacking everything from the .rar file, but it hasn't worked. Does anyone have a fix?

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4 won't install. Windows 10 Empty Re: Sims 4 won't install. Windows 10

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Jan 2017, 05:03

ardentlyThieving wrote:Hey so I've been trying to install the sims 4, but everytime I do it gets part way through and then stops and this message pops up: "this process can not access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file". Both origin and my antivirus software were turned off at the time. I've tried running it as an admin and I've tried reunpacking everything from the .rar file, but it hasn't worked. Does anyone have a fix?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @ardentlyThieving,

I uploaded the "Unlocker" here; please download and install that little program on your computer:
https://goo.gl/p92Ahi

When you open the program you'll be prompted to navigate to a folder; choose the folder where you extracted the installer files from the .rar download, and follow the on-screen instructions...the program has the ability to "free" processes/folder/files that are blocked because they are in use by something else.

Also keep in mind that if you are running Windows 10, the "Windows Defender" will mess with your stuff even if you turned off your main anti-virus. See step #1 of the guide here (and the rest as well), to learn about a possible solution:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4 won't install. Windows 10 Empty Re: Sims 4 won't install. Windows 10

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 15:35

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I've turned off windows defender as well now and I tried using the unlocker on every file, but it just says that none of them are locked. I'm still getting the same error as I was before when I try to install.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Jan 2017, 15:54

ardentlyThieving wrote:Hey thanks for the quick reply. I've turned off windows defender as well now and I tried using the unlocker on every file, but it just says that none of them are locked. I'm still getting the same error as I was before when I try to install.

Is the torrent finished 100% in your torrent client? Have you tried closing your torrent client completely and re-starting the installation...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 07:14

Yeah, I've tried both of those. If it helps, it always stops working once it gets to "updating component registration"

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Jan 2017, 16:36

ardentlyThieving wrote:Yeah, I've tried both of those. If it helps, it always stops working once it gets to "updating component registration"

I've actually installed Windows 10 & The Sims 4 myself back then, with no issues whatsoever. May I ask though (out of interest, since I'm not really sure I can help much here anymore), what kind of anti-virus program you are using?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2017, 22:23

Trend Micro Maximum Security. My dad got it for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:01

Have you tried to re-boot the computer ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top