Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living City does not work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Living City does not work Empty Living City does not work

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:25

Hi
I just installed your The Sims 4 "CITY LIVING", and did everything according to your steps. But it still does NOT work!
I am trying to run the game in the folder, but nothing happens at first. And when Im trying again, with and without admin access, it gives me this error:
"Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running."

I am getting that msg no matter what I do. And no, I dont have Origin running anywhere on my computer. And I did disable my anti-virus, excepted the folders in my anti-virus.

I do have The Sims 4 base game, Get Together and Work through Origin. I bought them all. And this, "CITY LIVING", is the first Sims 4 I downloaded and "installed" here.
Do I need Get Together and Work from this page, or should "CITY LIVING" from here work even if I bought the three other ones legit?

Please help WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Last edited by Helheim on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Living City does not work Empty Re: Living City does not work

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:39

Oh **** I just embarrassed myself with this comment/post/whatever.
Oh well, the error has been corrected, no need to deal with it anymore.

(Why the **** did I say City Life? That's Sims 3, not Sims 4!)

Last edited by Missingno50 on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:41

Really? Your biggest issue here is me saying the wrong name of it? Your respond is so damn stupid that... well, I dont know what.
And no, I wont fix anything. I guess you just have to live with it, darling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:46

Alright well in that case I will.

And no my biggest issue is the fact you just reposted literally what I said like 20+ minutes ago with less detail and different expansion packs. Get Together has the same exact issue and I even outline it in MY post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:48

And by the way, smartass, you DO know that the game is called The Sims 4 City Living, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:51

Helheim wrote:And by the way, smartass, you DO know that the game is called The Sims 4 City Living, right?
I was thinking of Sims 3. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:55

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
I do believe you need our previous titles to properly run City Living. Unfortunately it's no longer possible, like with previous titles, to install only what you want, and leave the rest.

Also: Please, no birching both of you. We're not the kind of forum that picks posts apart looking for little things to make big deals about.
The forum is full of people who make little mistakes (and big ones), and I have some serious OCD going on here, I would seriously advise you all to...

Let it go indeed. 
We'd rather focus on the real issues here Wink
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:56

Oh god you brought a year+ old meme into the forums. Please, get it out.

Just joking but seriously who likes that meme anymore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:58

Yeah, point taken. I didnt want to start anything, but I do have problem to keep my mouth shut when someone is acting like that against me. Anyway, sorry for that. Wont happen again.

So what you say is that I need Get Together and Work from you guys, to be able to run City Living? But I can have the base game from Origin? In that case, I will try that instead Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 19:59

As (one of) the administrator(s) here, I can post whatever I want Razz

Sidenote: We prefer it if users post about their own issue in an individual topic. That's the way we do things around here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:01

Helheim wrote:Yeah, point taken. I didnt want to start anything, but I do have problem to keep my mouth shut when someone is acting like that against me. Anyway, sorry for that. Wont happen again.

So what you say is that I need Get Together and Work from you guys, to be able to run City Living? But I can have the base game from Origin? In that case, I will try that instead Smile

I think that you can use your Origin base game, but you won't be able to patch if a game update comes out, or use the Gallery.
If you still want to be able to do that, it's best to run your Origin base game in a different directory than your pirated games and that means that you also have to download the base game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:04

Helheim wrote:Yeah, point taken. I didnt want to start anything, but I do have problem to keep my mouth shut when someone is acting like that against me. Anyway, sorry for that. Wont happen again.

Same here.

I've already tried Get Together and Work and they don't work for me. Wouldn't recommend trying to do so until I can figure out how to fix Get together.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:24

Missingno50 wrote:(...) but seriously who likes that meme anymore?

You're asking the wrong questions, dude. The question should rather be, what are you intending to do about it? 

And now I will be serious: can we all respect the Forum rules, to which you all agreed when you signed up here? Can we keep ALL discussions civil here ? Is that understood? P.S. don't bother arguing with me, I'll just delete any salty comments that may or may not come in this or any other thread here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:27

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

You're asking the wrong questions, dude. The question should rather be, what are you intending to do about it? 

And now I will be serious: can we all respect the Forum rules, to which you all agreed when you signed up here? Can we keep ALL discussions civil here ? Is that understood? P.S. don't bother arguing with me, I'll just delete any salty comments that may or may not come in this or any other thread here.
I... the forum rules didn't appear when I signed up, it just took me straight to the Username and Password stuff .-.
I think it's broken. I'll look over the rules though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:31

Missingno50 wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

I... the forum rules didn't appear when I signed up, it just took me straight to the Username and Password stuff .-.
I think it's broken. I'll look over the rules though.

Thanks for bringing that up, I'll have to check on that ...
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)