Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Update your game on origin". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Update your game on origin". [SOLVED] Empty "Update your game on origin". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 11:52

Hi, I installed the game yesterday and it's not working. Well, it was working when I installed the base game, but then I added the expansion packs, and now it doesn't start and it's giving the message: "impossible to start: the content of your data directory was created by a more recent version of the sims 4 and can't be loaded. Update your game on origin to play" (it's written in French, cause I'm french, but I think that's the correct traduction)
I did follow the instructions, and I installed the game in Program files (x86). Origin is off.
I don't know how to fix the problem... Why.

Back to top Go down

"Update your game on origin". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Update your game on origin". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 12:31

Apparently your played the game via Origin, so it's updated to version 1.26 (with toddlers)
The downloaded games go no further than version 1.25 (no toddlers)

Go to the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - Les Sims 4
full path: C:\Users\freddy\Documents\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 4, whereby freddy should be replaced by your computername of course.
Or do a search on your computer for GameVersion.

Remove the file GameVersion
Then start your game again.

Back to top Go down

"Update your game on origin". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Update your game on origin". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 12:59

Seems to be working!! Thank you very much! Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:45

Lia95 wrote:Seems to be working!! Thank you very much! Carlos is tha man!!!

Hello @Lia95 and welcome to the Forum,

The error happens most commonly with users who have both an Origin game and a RELOADED/G4TW version installed. In order to help avoid the conflict between the two games being installed on the same setup, there are various methods, one of which can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Alright then, have fun with the game and feel free to get back in touch with us anytime again you need more advice or support. Open a new topic then or ask a Moderator to unlock this one here.

Problem solved, topic closed. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top