Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start: Update your game via Origin to play.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start: Update your game via Origin to play. Empty Unable to start: Update your game via Origin to play.

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 05:11

Hi, so thank you for updating the Toddlers game, you have no idea how excited I was for that. 

Now after downloading the update, I keep getting this error: 

Unable to start:
The contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. 

[d6f91ffb]

I thought, I did something wrong so I tried to redownload the whole game. And |I mean the WHOLE game. From the base till the new one. 

I stopped the Origin through the process to as what you said and rebooted and all, but now even I was just installing the base game, it doesn't work and gives the same error. 

Help?

Last edited by TsukishimaKei on Thu 25 May 2017, 03:53; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I accidentally clicked send while I was trying to attach a pic through Host an image button. Sorry, first time posting.)

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Update your game via Origin to play. Empty Re: Unable to start: Update your game via Origin to play.

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 11:59

I have the same problem.

I already have the other TS4 releases by G4TW installed prior to the Toddler update. When I copied the files I made sure the destination and origin folders were on the exception list of my anti virus, but somehow Avira keeps on picking up Rld_Origin_ext.dll no matter how many times I restore it.

And then there's that. I can't open TS4 without encountering the Origin problem. I'm thinking of just updating Origin hoping it won't affect the actual game.

CORRECTION:

I actually got a different pop-up. Instead of asking me to update the game via Origin, the pop-up asked me to update Origin itself.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Update your game via Origin to play. Empty Re: Unable to start: Update your game via Origin to play.

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:25

Solution:
Go to the folder Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion.

Now start your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:27

Tarac wrote:Solution:

I'm missing RldOrigin_ext.dll as my anti-virus keeps on blocking it despite the exclusions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:33

captbanana wrote:

I'm missing RldOrigin_ext.dll as my anti-virus keeps on blocking it despite the exclusions.
Have you also excluded the folders where you have downloaded/extracted the Winrar file ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:35

Tarac wrote:
captbanana wrote:

Have you also excluded the folders where you have downloaded/extracted the Winrar file ?

Yes, I've already included the Downloads folder. I also added the Support, Game, Bin, and this one other folder from TS4. Other folders included in the exception list are Program Files and Program Files (x64).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:40

captbanana wrote:
Tarac wrote:
captbanana wrote:

Yes, I've already included the Downloads folder. I also added the Support, Game, Bin, and this one other folder from TS4. Other folders included in the exception list are Program Files and Program Files (x64).
And whatabout the folder you extracted the Winrar file in ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:43

Tarac wrote:
captbanana wrote:
Tarac wrote:
captbanana wrote:

And whatabout the folder you extracted the Winrar file in ?

It's still the Downloads folder. Anyway, I'll try out the suggestion you gave me on the other thread once I finish re-downloading the Winrar file. Thank you so much for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 15:23

I'm really sorry, I'm not really a tech-savvy, and I'm pretty confuse which one is the Game version? Is it the TS4.exe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 15:56

TsukishimaKei wrote:I'm really sorry, I'm not really a tech-savvy, and I'm pretty confuse which one is the Game version? Is it the TS4.exe?
No, GameVersion is in Documents-Electronic Arts -The Sims 4, so NOT in Program Files (x86)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 16:09

Oh. ok. Let me try that first. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 16:26

I did that and it gave me a new error:

Unable to start:
Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4

[d3382ced]

I updated the game until City Living, tried to open it, it didn't work, deleted the Game version and tried again, rebooted the PC and tried again. 
I'd really appreciate your help right now.

Last edited by TsukishimaKei on Thu 25 May 2017, 03:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 19:44

Okay, so I repeated all of the process now and after I pasted the Ultimate fix from before (which thankfully I still have a copy) it worked. However, not even to the main menu, the game freezes and started not responding. 

At this point I already got the toddlers and the temporary fix patched up as well. 

According to the post it would take a long time but I expected it to be around 5 minutes or less. Am I doing anything wrong?

Update: All of the packs were showed after I deleted the game version but after bowling it'll freeze up and not respond again.

Update: I tried to replace the fix with the other mirrors(except the 3rd one cause I didn't understand it quite a bit and PC is detecting it as a virus) and replace the game folder as instructed to the fix. I've been doing this the whole day and it's just making me feel so frustrated. I guess I'll just to sleep this one off and wait for your response. Thanks. Smile

Update: I got it now up and working. The loading time was just really long. Around 10 mins or less. However, I created a vampire character but it seems that City Living is missing from the game. What the hell happened?

Update: I fixed it, I downloaded the City Living - again, and copied EP03 to the Sims folder and restarted the game. It worked! Thanks for the help.

Update: So, it seems that it's not quite yet solved cause now I'm missing Vintage and Backyard stuffs! which is with the City Living folder, right? Now what should I do?

Update: I really hope this would be the last time, but I got it up and working. Similar to what I did earlier, I compared the two folder and found out that the game folder are missing SP08 and SP09. Copied it and posted it the Sims folder and restarted the game. It started working. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top