Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff wont install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff wont install Empty The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff wont install

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 17:54

Hey guys, I've had the Sims 2 complete collection on my pc for a few month now and i decided to extract and install it. I followed the instructions included ad installed all the packs, but Mansion and Garden stuff is giving me the "Inset Disk 1" pop up. I get it no matter where i move the folder the installation file is in or what i rename it. Help!

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff wont install Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff wont install

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 18:33

First of all re-apply the crack for Mansion & Garden. If that doesn't help:

Maybe you had Mansion & Garden installed previously.
Check the register.

1. Keep Windowskey pressed and type R
2. In the little window type   regedit
3. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click it open
4. Look for folder SOFTWARE and click it open (only applicable for 32-bits windows)
   64-bits Window owners: Search for WoW6432Node and click it open
5. Look for EA GAMES and click it open
6. Right-click on Mansion & Garden and choose Remove/Delete.
7. close regedit and re-boot your computer
8. re-install Mansion & Garden and apply the crack

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff wont install Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff wont install

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 19:54

Tarac wrote:First of all re-apply the crack for Mansion & Garden. If that doesn't help:

Check the register.

4. Look for folder SOFTWARE and click it open (only applicable for 32-bits windows)

Thanks for your response but i cant reapply the crack because the Insert Disk 1 Error comes up when i click autorun to install it in the first place, and i dont see mansion and Garden Stuff in the place u suggested i look

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:01

Caribsimmer wrote:Thanks for your response but i cant reapply the crack because the Insert Disk 1 Error comes up when i click autorun to install it in the first place, and i dont see mansion and Garden Stuff in the place u suggested i look

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Caribsimmer,

Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar? Did you extract ALL contents of the .rar, into empty folders, one folder per game/expansion? Then start the installation from the folder, where you extracted all contents of the .rar to.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 21:00

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Caribsimmer wrote:Thanks for your response but i cant reapply the crack because the Insert Disk 1 Error comes up when i click autorun to install it in the first place, and i dont see mansion and Garden Stuff in the place u suggested i look

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Caribsimmer,

Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar? Did you extract ALL contents of the .rar, into empty folders, one folder per game/expansion? Then start the installation from the folder, where you extracted all contents of the .rar to.
Yeah i did all of this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 21:06

Caribsimmer wrote:
Tarac wrote:First of all re-apply the crack for Mansion & Garden. If that doesn't help:

Check the register.

Thanks for your response but i cant reapply the crack because the Insert Disk 1 Error comes up when i click autorun to install it in the first place, and i dont see mansion and Garden Stuff in the place u suggested i look
Did you see the other DLC's though ?
If not you're not looking at the right location in the register

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 21:40

Tarac wrote:
Caribsimmer wrote:

Check the register.

Did you see the other DLC's though ?
If not you're not looking at the right location in the register
yea the others ae there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 21:49

Then it looks like Mansion&Garden is damaged.
Let your torrent-client force a recheck on the torrent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jan 2017, 00:19

Tarac wrote:Then it looks like Mansion&Garden is damaged.
Let your torrent-client force a recheck on the torrent.
It was damaged, i re-extracted it and it works now. Thanks for the help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top