Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid question.. but fresh new vanilla game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stupid question.. but fresh new vanilla game? Empty Stupid question.. but fresh new vanilla game?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:02

how would i go about starting a fresh game without my old saves or mods?

i'm having an issue that, after the city living update, i start a new game but every single sim just stands there doing nothing forever. i can't interact with anything at all. i figured it was a mod, and i tried removing my all of mods but it still says they're in-game when i start - and now whenever i go into that game, it just goes back to the world selection screen

figured a fresh start of the game might fix the issue, so i can then start adding my mods back in one at a time

thanks in advance!

ps:
what i did:
. removed the mods folder from the documents directory
. removed saves folder from there too

Back to top Go down

Stupid question.. but fresh new vanilla game? Empty Re: Stupid question.. but fresh new vanilla game?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:34

Hello eksynn.

You might have to rename "The Sims 4" folder to the new name (for example "The Sims 4-old"). This folder is located in "Documents\Electronic Arts".

Start the game again after you renamed it. This folder will be generated with the default configuration, which should remedy the problem that you have encountered.

Back to top Go down

Stupid question.. but fresh new vanilla game? Empty Re: Stupid question.. but fresh new vanilla game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Jan 2017, 17:56

eksynn wrote:how would i go about starting a fresh game without my old saves or mods?

i'm having an issue that, after the city living update, i start a new game but every single sim just stands there doing nothing forever. i can't interact with anything at all. i figured it was a mod, and i tried removing my all of mods but it still says they're in-game when i start - and now whenever i go into that game, it just goes back to the world selection screen

figured a fresh start of the game might fix the issue, so i can then start adding my mods back in one at a time

thanks in advance!

ps:
what i did:
. removed the mods folder from the documents directory
. removed saves folder from there too

Hello @eksynn,

You could/should also delete the localthumbcache.package file under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, since it's known to cause problems from time to time.

Or, after you created a fresh folder after @MamoruOfficer's advice, you can put back your old stuff in one at a time. So, you could put back in your saves-folder for example, and test the game. See what happens then. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2017, 19:09

thank you for responding, everyone ^^ i'm sorry for taking so long to acknowledge, i suddenly found myself without internet for a few days. i'll be trying both of these today and tomorrow =D

any news on the vampire pack and toddlers update?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Jan 2017, 19:31

eksynn wrote:any news on the vampire pack and toddlers update?

Nope, but to crash the party a bit: toddlers are just miniature adult-sims. They look "cute", but other than that there seems nothing all too special about it all (source: I have a legit base game of TS4 myself).

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2017, 00:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
eksynn wrote:any news on the vampire pack and toddlers update?

Nope, but to crash the party a bit: toddlers are just miniature adult-sims. They look "cute", but other than that there seems nothing all too special about it all (source: I have a legit base game of TS4 myself).

Haters gonna hate
wait, so toddlers can wear elder clothes? xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top