Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

city living installed correctly, get "origin needs to be running" message. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

city living installed correctly, get "origin needs to be running" message. [SOLVED] Empty city living installed correctly, get "origin needs to be running" message. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2017, 02:03

Hello everyone,

I've been researching this topic for awhile now. Other people are having the same problem with the game requiring origin as well. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, set my exclusions, turned off windows defender, re-applied the "no origin" crack directly, made sure I had no 3dm games or packs (only g4tw files), removed my sims folder from documents and started fresh...etc. etc. etc...

Seems like the crack isn't working. I've even rechecked the torrent file but its completely finished. I'm not understanding how the crack is working for some people, but not for others when all of these precautions are taken. Am I missing something here?

i have the base game from g4tw, get to work and get together. i read that the city living files are the new "ultimate fix" and overwrote my old "fix" files with these, only for the game not to work. I reapplied the old fix files (1.20) and that will launch the game. Not sure what else to do...

Back to top Go down

city living installed correctly, get "origin needs to be running" message. [SOLVED] Empty Re: city living installed correctly, get "origin needs to be running" message. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2017, 03:26

not sure if this will work for you or if you've tried this but, if you've installed your sims 4 folder in your program files folder, try taking it out of the electronic arts folder (the sims 4 folder should be in an electronic arts folder if you've not done anything to it) and putting it directly in your program files folder. 

nonetheless, even though i had this problem, i was able to get it to work so good luck and i hope you find a fix!

Back to top Go down

city living installed correctly, get "origin needs to be running" message. [SOLVED] Empty Re: city living installed correctly, get "origin needs to be running" message. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2017, 14:52

onlinefauxpas wrote:not sure if this will work for you or if you've tried this but, if you've installed your sims 4 folder in your program files folder, try taking it out of the electronic arts folder (the sims 4 folder should be in an electronic arts folder if you've not done anything to it) and putting it directly in your program files folder. 

nonetheless, even though i had this problem, i was able to get it to work so good luck and i hope you find a fix!
This worked! I took "the sims 4" folder out of the "electronic arts" folder and placed it in the programsx86 one. City living launched without a problem. You're awesome!!!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 26 Jan 2017, 20:14

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Good to hear that fixed the issue, although that step is actually in the #Installation Guide Razz, but no matter, glad the community could help.
Don't hesitate to post again if you run into problems!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top