Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City living - game not running

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City living - game not running Empty City living - game not running

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 19:07

Hello everyone,
I saw a lot of topics with problem with running the game, but I did't find problem similar to my.

I install the base game. I checked it and game was running correctly. 
After Get to Work, also game running good.
After Get together also there was no problem.
I installed the game in accordance with instructions. (I move from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to C:\Program Files (x86)).

After install City Living game does't work. Without any comment.
The first moment when something is wrong is this moment when game show us Expansion packs, Game packs and Stuff packs. Game show Vintage Glamour Stuff and I can't close this. I even can't close the game. Only hard reset can do it. I thought it is something wrong with this stuff so i deleted it, then game do it the same thing when show us City Living. 
After hard reset of my laptop I try to run game once again but game stops when "diamond" spins. Only hard reset can deal with it. Task manager can't close it.
I reinstall game couple of times. All Expansion packs got from here.
Thank you in advance for you help.

Back to top Go down

City living - game not running Empty Re: City living - game not running

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 20:50

I've been doing a lot of tests in trying to find a way of installing separate expansions/stuff packs one by one.
I encountered exactly the same problems you describe when I installed the base game + City Living  (so no Get to Work and no Get Together).
It's very annoying because each and every time you must do a hard restart of your computer because you cannot close the game in any way.
There are no error messages, the plumbob stops turning and the hard drive is spinning, searching for expansions to install that are not present.

Therefore I suspect that you have more than 1 The Sims 4 folder (besides the one in Documents - Electronic Arts of course) and that you have been adding City Living to an incomplete folder where Get to Work and/or Get Together are not present.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 21:27

I don't think so. 
I have folder in Documents, which you mentioned above.
I have folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.
I have folder also on C: where I unzip all The Sims (I copy from there everything to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4) -- you mean this folder as "more then one'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 21:34

Right-click on the shortcut for your game on your desktop
Select Properties
Look at the details after Start in .....
Go to that location and check the contents.

City living - game not running Mapsim10

Edit: When I remove 1 of the EP/GP folders and I have already a folder The Sims 4 in documents I get the message that the missing items will be downloaded (which of course won't happen)
When I remove 1 of the EP/GP folders and I do not yet have a folder The Sims 4 in Documents, the game freezes on loading.
So it looks like you are either missing some folders or you did not install them in the correct order. (Basic game - Get to Work - Get Together - Dine Out - City Living)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top