Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does Get together/City Living work for you?

Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] I_vote_lcap71%Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] I_vote_lcap29%Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] I_vote_lcap0%Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] Empty Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 00:27

Okay so for the past 2 days I have been trying to get Sims 4 to work, but every time I open it, I get the "Origin is not running" error. I followed every instruction perfectly, but it seems that the Get together pack and City Living causes this error. I have scoured this site and google for hours trying every fix I could, but NOTHING works. I have downloaded sims before from g4tw, but deleted it a while back (though it worked then). I'm running windows vista home premium 64-bit and have never had origin anywhere on my laptop. Also, my antivirus hasn't touched any of my sim-related files, windows defender is off and I've allowed TS4 through my firewall. I love this game so any help would be much appreciated!

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with Get together and City living themselves, though its weird because get together worked well before Hmmm, sure?

Last edited by Ageha on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 19:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes; Solution found)

Back to top Go down

Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] Empty Re: Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 07:45

I've had this problem as well, but I've forgotten to move The Sims 4 directory from Electronics Arts folder and it fixed it for me. If you haven't tried that yet, hopefully it's the remedy you need.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED] Empty Re: Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Jan 2017, 11:29

BlueSimmer16 wrote:Okay so for the past 2 days I have been trying to get Sims 4 to work, but overtime I open it, I get the "Origin is not running" error. I followed every instruction perfectly, but it seems that the Get together pack and City Living causes this error. I have scoured this site and google for hours trying every fix I could, but NOTHING works. I download sims before from g4tw, but deleted it a while back (though it worked then). I'm running windows vista 64 and have never had origin anywhere on my laptop. Also, my antivirus hasn't touched any of my sim-related files, windows defender is off and I've allowed TS4 through my firewall. I love this game so any help would be much appreciated!

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with Get together and City living themselves, though its weird because get together worked well before Hmmm, sure?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @BlueSimmer16,

I'm afraid there are many things we don't know yet about this crack. Did you also move the install folder of The Sims 4 away from its default location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts? You could move it even directly under your desktop, or directly under C:\Program files (x86).

Also, if you have Lavasoft's "Web Companion" installed, please remove that program. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 16:54

Thanks for the reply! I've moved the folder and I don't have "Web Companion", but if you guys aren't even sure about the crack, then I am more than happy to wait until it is figured out.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Feb 2017, 19:25

BlueSimmer16 wrote:Thanks for the reply! I've moved the folder and I don't have "Web Companion", but if you guys aren't even sure about the crack, then I am more than happy to wait until it is figured out.

In my experience, in 9/10 cases it's got something to do with "security software". But in rare cases, there can be other things. For example, these things here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't say more, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 20:43

Alright I have found a solution: Install Origin. I installed it and had it running, and haven't had the error so just in case anyone is reading and wondering. Origin doesn't have to be open, just running sooo yeah hope it works for other people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 21:21

BlueSimmer16 wrote:Alright I have found a solution: Install Origin. I installed it and had it running, and haven't had the error so just in case anyone is reading and wondering. Origin doesn't have to be open, just running sooo yeah hope it works for other people
This only works when you have BOUGHT the game.
It absolutely, definitely,  does not solve the problem for pirated games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 22:02

And since literally hundreds of people are playing the game with those packs included, I actually doubt that there is a problem with the pack. Mine works perfectly. However I did try to install it on Windows XP and had that problem.( Way back in 2015 ) and that Computer never had Origin and wasn't even connected to the internet. No Anti-Virus program installed, nothing. Wndows 7had no problem. Windows 10 also no Problem. Maybe its those older OS versions? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top