Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Installation Empty The Sims 3 Installation

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2017, 20:49

Hey, so I created this account because I need help installing TS3 on my Imac. 
I have your guide up, but I haven't even gotten to step one in that guide yet. I downloaded the complete collection instead of just the base game, because the link wasn't working anymore. But I can't open up the base game. The guide says I have to open the setup.exe file, the program recommended to open it is unarchiver, but it wont open. 

So first of all, how do I install the base game? 

I tried an alternative way, I downloaded another collection of TS3 games, the one with dutch titles. I can open the TS3 launcher, but have no idea what to do after that, as there is no installation guide. Do I apply a crack? And how? Also, not all expansion packs came with this collection, so is there a possibility to add more of the expansion packs to this version?

I reckon there are many threads like this one, so if there already is a one that answer my question just link me to that thread. You can also PM me the answer if that's easier.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Installation Empty Re: The Sims 3 Installation

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 26 Jan 2017, 21:12

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you noted that we don't officially give Mac support, but we're always happy to try.
I am not 100% sure, but I think you need to download the base game separately from another uploader. I believe one from "Reloaded" should do the trick.

If you can open the launcher, you can probably play or at least try to play. If you can click the play button, and an error comes up, let us know what it says, and we might know how to proceed.
I'm not sure if you can add to it, it depends on whether it was a "modified" installer, or games installed one by one.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2017, 21:48

The error messages that comes up when I try to run the game says "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Showtime game disc before proceeding."

I have downloaded different versions of the base game, the one that opens already have all the EP's up until Showtime, so it seems to be the one from "The Sims 3 Complete". I'm trying to work out how to open "The Sims 3 Complete Collection", the one I downloaded from here. But will this version with showtime be in the way? Do I have to delete that file?

Edit: I have a new problem with the Disk Utility process, I can't seem to create a .dmg file large enough? I don't have the costumize option, I can just write in the size, but it doesn't create the correct size. I write in 6,07 GB and it ends up being 1,5 GB. I wrote in 6070 MB (because 100 MB is the default) but I got a 1,7 GB .dmg file...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 27 Jan 2017, 21:13

Hello again,

Try to use the crack from the fix. Note that there are 2 separate files in that topic, one is the fix for PC, the other one is for MAC. Once you've opened the fix, you only need the files from the #Crack folder.

There's no way to know if this will work, seeing as the game you're currently running sounds like a type of modified installer, and the best way to see if the expansions from our torrent can be added, is probably to try, sorry I can't be more helpful WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I have no idea how to solve the DMG problem Sad
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)