Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED] Empty Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 May 2012, 16:51

Hi everybody !

I have tried to install The Sims 3 and the Sims Medieval on my mac using the games4theworld torrents and guide but I can't start the installation.

In both cases, when I open the Install program, I choose the language (French for me), then I have the Welcome page (Introduction), then the license agreement (I accept), then I enter the serial (I used sereval from the ones in the Installation guide), then I uncheck the registering that authorize EA to collect informations on my game), then I choose where I want to install the game (MacinoshHD/Applications and not MacintoshHD/user/Myname/Applications). The installation is confirmed (it tells me it will take 5,18 Gb on my computer) and I click on "Install". It tells me "Initializing" and I enter my password in the pop up to authorize the installation on my disk. Immediately, I have an error pop-up telling me "Erreur de lecture des fichiers du jeu (Error in the reading of the game files) $INSTALLVOLUME/installer/.localized/". I have no choice but to close the pop up and the installation is aborted ! pale

What am I doing wrong ? I've searched on the forum and on the Internet but I haven't seen anyone with the same problem. Please could someone help me ? I really don't know what to do and I don't understand because apparently all the games on Games4theworld works for mac users.

Last edited by Admin on Tue 08 May 2012, 23:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : problem solved)

Back to top Go down

Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 06 May 2012, 23:17

Hello,

Did you extract the .rar first?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 May 2012, 23:28

Yes I extracted the .rar and now I have many files (Game, Gamedata, Installer, Thumbnails ...) in a folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 07 May 2012, 15:12

Hello,

What program did you use to extract the .rar file?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 11:07

Hello,

Yesterday I re-downloaded the games and I have been able to instal them.
Now the sims Medieval + the Pirates and nobles expansion works ! Very Happy

But for the Sims 3, I have the 0x039e8474 error code that appears when I start the game. I first tried with all the expansions and stuffs installed and then with just the original game + generations. In both cases I updated to v1.33 with the manual patch and then I followed the ultimate fix.

I have just seen this solved post : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4685-problem-with-0x039e8474-macbook-prosolved . So I am downloading the reloaded game from the given link and in about 2 hours I will tell you I that works.

//EDIT

Youhou !!!
After an epic battle the game and ALL the add-ons work just fine !
I could cry !
Thanks a lot for your help everyone !!

Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED] 294340757 Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED] 294340757 Installation of The sims 3 and the Sims Medieval impossible. [SOLVED] 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top