Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 lagging with mods.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 lagging with mods. Empty Sims 4 lagging with mods.

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2017, 14:04

hi! so i recently just downloaded the city living update and when i tried to play it with my mods, the game seems to be lagging so much and its so slow :< any tips on how to make it play smoother?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 lagging with mods. Empty Re: Sims 4 lagging with mods.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Jan 2017, 19:49

gexrgette wrote:hi! so i recently just downloaded the city living update and when i tried to play it with my mods, the game seems to be lagging so much and its so slow :< any tips on how to make it play smoother?

Hello again,

Are the mods you are using fully functional and compatible with version 1.25.136.1020 (which is the version of the cracked TS4)? You could also delete the file localthumbcache.package under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and see if it improves anything.

Lowering the graphics settings - especially if you are playing the game on a weaker/older computer - could help as well.

One final thought for now: do you have downloaded sims & houses in your "Tray"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? If yes, having too many items in that folder can also cause lag, and you should remove some if that's the case.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017, 16:02

Hi! Thanks for the fast respone xx does the "localthumbcache" count? Because thats all i have in my laptop and ive already deleted it but its still lagging and ive also lowered the graphic settings but still lagging and i dont really have a lot of houses in the "tray" folder and i dont think the houses on my tray folder affects the lagging with the mods thing because even before i put I downloaded them, the mods were already making the game lag. WhatDidUJustCallMe?//

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017, 16:26

Best thing to check is by making a new The Sims 4 folder in C:\user\Documents\Electronic Arts.
Rename the existing folder The Sims 4 (or whatever it may be in your language) to The Sims 4_old.
The start your game again - you've now lost all selfmade and downloaded sims, houses, mods.

If performance has improved the lag is caused by any of the above.
You can backcopy items from The Sims 4_old to your new folder The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top