Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 1 complete collection suddenly crashes on load

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 1 complete collection suddenly crashes on load Empty sims 1 complete collection suddenly crashes on load

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2017, 04:05

Hi, I installed the sims 1 complete collection earlier and initially the game ran fine. I was able to play it for a few hours with no problems until it suddenly closed itself giving no warning, error screen, or anything. Now, when I try to open it it makes it to the initial loading screen(right after the ea games logo), loads for maybe 5 seconds, and then closes itself. I also noticed the loading text goes by faster than it did initially, usually there's a pause for each text line, but now it just flies by without stopping. I've tried running it in every compatibility mode I have including windows 7 and xp service pack 3 and even tried adding it to the DEP exceptions. Windowed mode makes everything black and then still crashes. Nothing seems to work. I just don't understand how it could work perfectly earlier and then suddenly this is happening? I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours and have yet to see another person who has this same problem. I'm on a windows 8.1 laptop. Any input would be greatly appreciated!  Facepalm

Last edited by ratbaby on Mon 06 Feb 2017, 06:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding information)

Back to top Go down

sims 1 complete collection suddenly crashes on load Empty Re: sims 1 complete collection suddenly crashes on load

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2017, 12:13

You coul try:

1. Go to your installationfolder (Defult: Program Files(x86)\Maxis\The Sims
2. Rename yhe folder UserData to f.e. UserData_old
3. Copy UserData2 and name the copy UserData
4. Now start your game again.

You have lost all own build houses/sims etc. and you'll get all the Welcomscreens again for the various areas.
When your game is reset and working, you can then start copying items from UserData_old to UserData.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top