Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 1 Complete Collection Crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 1 Complete Collection Crashes Empty The Sims 1 Complete Collection Crashes

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 01:02

Hello Smile Firstly, I just wanna say I've used your downloads before and LOVE them, and I never seem to have any problems with them at all! They're usually very easy to install and they work perfectly.

But, I'm having my first issue. I've downloaded and installed The Sims 1 Complete Collection. I've replaced it with the crack, and everything seems to be fine. But when I try to run the game, it goes to a black screen and then crashes back to my desktop and looks as if I never opened the program or anything to begin with. Any idea what the cause is and/or how to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help Smile

ETA: I should probably add that I don't even get a loading screen or anything. I just click play, it gives me a black screen, and then crashes to the desktop after about 10 seconds.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1 Complete Collection Crashes Empty Re: The Sims 1 Complete Collection Crashes

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 09:39

Hello,
Some of these may help solve this crashing issue, particularly the DEP and compatibility mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1 Complete Collection Crashes Empty Re: The Sims 1 Complete Collection Crashes

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 19:19

Ok, I'll give those a try. Thanks!

//EDIT

Ok, sorry it took me so long to get back here. I tried all the steps in those links and it's still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 02 Feb 2012, 22:39

Hello,

Still the same problem? No different errors or something?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2012, 02:54

Nope, nothing at all. The launcher opens up, I click play and no matter what option I choose or what compatibility I have it set to run in, it goes straight to a black screen and then crashes to the desk top. No loading screen or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 03 Feb 2012, 09:37

Hello,
Launcher? I wasn't aware the Sims 1 had a launcher?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 20:04

Ahh so sorry I disappeared, been very busy and had several personal issues to tend to over the last month or so Sad Sorry!

Well, yeah...I mean, there's a window that pops up where I hit play and it's supposed to load into the game. I guess I consider it a launcher...? I'm running something through perfect uninstaller at the moment, but when it's done I'll try again...I think I've hopefully found an answer. If not, I'll let you know and try to snap a screenshot of the 'launcher' or whatever so you can see what I'm talking about :-/ I hate explaining things over a computer Razz

//EDIT

Ok, so I can't get it to open up that 'launcher' I was talking about. It
just goes straight into the game, but I'm still having the same
problem. Black screen for about 10-20 seconds and then it crashes back
to my desktop, everything is closed, and it looks like I never opened
the program to begin with. No error messages, no loading screen,
nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 23:01

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top