Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED] Empty Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 21:09

Hi there!

I've been running the base game for a while, but today I wanted to installed Awesomemod. Did so, and it said that the mod wasn't compatible with my current game version - I read that installing the ultimate fix could fix this problem, so I installed Town Life and went through the steps of your Ultimate Fix. Now, my Launcher is showing game version 9.0.73.013001 (It was previously the most up to date version) and I'm getting an error saying 0x024e424f, unable to start the game!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit: Ok I am able to load up the game with custom content disabled, but how am I able to work around that? I don't want to compromise all my CC Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED] 2279017149

Last edited by Narong30 on Thu 24 Nov 2011, 18:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Progression)

Back to top Go down

Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 23 Nov 2011, 16:15

Hello,

You have to find out which one of the CC is causing the problem. A way to do this is by adding 10 CC at a time and then starting the game to see if there are any problems with one of those 10.
If you found the corrupt one(s), either delete them or update them.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game won't start, error 0x024e424f after installing Town Life + Ultimate Fix! [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 23 Nov 2011, 18:45

Hello,
Make sure the version of awesomemod you're trying to install is the same as your game version. It will definitely cause problems if it isn't. Assuming your base game is 100% up to date (base game version 1.26) you should also use awesomemod version 1.26.
Also note that you can't use awesomemod with other core mods, use delphy's dashboard to find out if there are any conflicts with other mods.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 17:24

All expansion packs/stuff packs work fine if I remove the awesomemod package file from the mods folder, I'm going to try Delphy's dashboard though I only have two other major mods which are said to work fine with awesomemod! Thanks for the tips Smile

MOD EDIT: Problem Solved, topic closed.
-NARONG30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top