Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game won't start up after installing expansion packs error (0x024e424f)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't start up after installing expansion packs error (0x024e424f) Empty Game won't start up after installing expansion packs error (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jul 2012, 04:42

Hello,

I was trying to figure out all this stuff on my own without help. I've searched through a bunch of discussion boards and I can't find a solution to my problem. I should start off by saying that I have The sims 3 and the expansion pack ambitions installed on my pc (which i bought). I followed the instructions to add the expansions that i wanted. I started off with the katy perry one as advised and i installed it fine and tested fine. It worked fine and i played for about 2 mins just to be sure. I then exited and began to install all the other expansion packs that i wanted which are fast lane, master suite, showtime, townlife, and pets. I installed them all as instructed but now when i tried to start the sims 3 up it comes up with an error message that says unable to start game service initialization failed (0x024e424f). I don't want to try anything else because i don't want to mess everything up. But i downloaded the fix but i havent done anything with them yet because i'm nervous to mess something else up. Sorry for all the details i just wanted to touch all the bases. Thank you for any help in advance!

Back to top Go down

Game won't start up after installing expansion packs error (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Game won't start up after installing expansion packs error (0x024e424f)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 01 Jul 2012, 11:40

Hello,

When you installed other expansions, did you use their cracks?
If you did, you can solve this by applying the crack from the fix to the base game\bin. Just the crack will do.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Game won't start up after installing expansion packs error (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Game won't start up after installing expansion packs error (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 04:08

I'm not sure what you mean when you say use the crack i'm sorry i'm kind of new to this i just did exactly what it says in the installation guide. I moved files from the crack folder to the ts3/bin. What crack do i need to do? Should i apply the fix from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems?
And if so when i move the fix rar. files to the ts3/bin do i move all the files that are installed even the ones from before like the fix for ambitions and ts3 (the ones i bought). Sorry i'm so confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top