Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which one should I follow?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which one should I follow? Empty Which one should I follow?

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:43

Okay, so I'm installing sims 3 + all the expansions right now, but I have a hard time figuring out which info I should follow.
here it says that I should only apply the crack(You know, replace the existing files) for pets, and that I should install it before the other expansions. But on the downloaded fix, it says that I should replace each crack for every expansion.

Cause I already replaced the sims 3 crack, but how should I do with the others? I installed pets also.

Should every expansions crack be replaced, or just the pets one?

Back to top Go down

Which one should I follow? Empty Re: Which one should I follow?

Post by Admin Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:51

Hello,

The files you see in the Fix aren't cracks, those are the original files, needed in order to update safely. So it actually makes your game(s) "genuine" again. After updating, the only crack needed, is the one in the "# Crack" folder of the Fix. Just follow all the steps very carefully and you'll have the latest, working version of the game!

The correct instructions for everything together are these: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , since I update them whenever new information is available. Same for the Fix. Note that the Fix is just a final step. When you've installed everything and want to make it all work, everything you need to do is applying the Fix. (Which is also always up-to-date if you downloaded the latest version)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:55

So I should do as the fix says? But now I've installed Pets first. Should I just replace these Pets files and continue on with the other expansions and do the same thing? And when I'm finished I put the crackfile into it's right place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 04 Dec 2011, 17:04

frogmash wrote:So I should do as the fix says? But now I've installed Pets first. Should I just replace these Pets files and continue on with the other expansions and do the same thing? And when I'm finished I put the crackfile into it's right place?
Hello,

You should follow these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
So yes, that also includes applying the Fix' instructions when you're asked to apply the Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 17:08

But I've already replaced the file for the base game, will it cause any problems for the game now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 04 Dec 2011, 17:55

frogmash wrote:But I've already replaced the file for the base game, will it cause any problems for the game now?
Hello,

No, that doesn't matter. Don't worry, the Fix will fix all of that.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top