Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff Empty Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 02:00

I hadn't played Sims 3 for over a year but when I did, I was able to get all the store stuff...mostly package files but a mix.  I had all store items.  I posted the ultimate fix to a tee.  I'm at 1.67.  It says there are no more updates.  But when I play, it has all the store/premium things with a $sign....other words, wanting me to pay with sim points.  I used to get the chicken/egg thing but now it wants me to pay.  I have everything but just can't get it to do that part.  And the game was playing beautifully but now it's super slow, choppy and sometimes crashes.  I have an excellent gaming machine and use the high performance graphics processor when playing.  I've tried cleaning out the dccache and the other cache files in the bin folder.  Any suggestions?  I paid for most of the expansions other than maybe two but still applied the fixes.  I also put the fixes or whatever they are called in both the package and override like the page said.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  And I also notice that sometimes I can't switch between people...I mean it will allow me to play a different character but the picture and the contents are stuck on a different one....goes away when I reboot.  Also, when I change a guy from werewolf to human in edit mode, when back in play mode, he's still werewolf.

P.S. I also used the latest store fix found on the download page.

Back to top Go down

Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff Empty Re: Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Apr 2016, 04:53

publicmisc wrote:I hadn't played Sims 3 for over a year but when I did, I was able to get all the store stuff...mostly package files but a mix.  I had all store items.  I posted the ultimate fix to a tee.  I'm at 1.67.  It says there are no more updates.  But when I play, it has all the store/premium things with a $sign....other words, wanting me to pay with sim points.  I used to get the chicken/egg thing but now it wants me to pay.  I have everything but just can't get it to do that part.  And the game was playing beautifully but now it's super slow, choppy and sometimes crashes.  I have an excellent gaming machine and use the high performance graphics processor when playing.  I've tried cleaning out the dccache and the other cache files in the bin folder.  Any suggestions?  I paid for most of the expansions other than maybe two but still applied the fixes.  I also put the fixes or whatever they are called in both the package and override like the page said.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  And I also notice that sometimes I can't switch between people...I mean it will allow me to play a different character but the picture and the contents are stuck on a different one....goes away when I reboot.  Also, when I change a guy from werewolf to human in edit mode, when back in play mode, he's still werewolf.

P.S. I also used the latest store fix found on the download page.

Hello,

First of all, go into your options menu and look for this here:

Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff ShopMode

Unmark the box called "enable shop mode", then confirm. Also, about your werewolf issue...that is not going to work. I'm not sure if this is intended by EA, or a glitch, but you cannot simply switch supernatural life states in "Create-a-sim". I myself used an alchemy-potion to turn back my sims into normal humans, but I would need to look up the details later on, because I haven't used the interaction in a long time now.

Edit: Look here:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy

Under "potent cure elixir". This is what you are going to need to reliably turn back your sim. There may also be mods that can help here, but I would recommend using this potion instead.

As for your other issues, I'm unsure at this point, though I'll try coming up with something there too. Good luck for now though !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff Empty Re: Follow fix to a tee but not getting premium/store stuff

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 12:48

I disabled the shop mode but a lot of my stuff is missing and each time I go to play it gets worse saying objects missing (including lemon tree) and my game crashes within seconds of starting...no chance to save before it fails.

I have deleted the dccache as well as the caches in the sims 3 folder - doesn't seem to help.  Should I also delete the dcbackup?

Okay, I checked the dmp files and it turns out it's having Access violation - code c0000005.  However, I have already done the DEP.  I can only play about two seconds then it stops responding and crashes.  Going back in history for all my crashes it has the same access violation.  I did happen to see that my lemon tree is back though.  I am now going to try playing without custom content...if I can, I will save it and then start it up again with custom content and see if it makes any difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 20:35

I am strongly against switching off DEP especially when using Custom Content
DEP prevents programs from occupying System-memory in an incorrect manner.
Switching off DEP is an open invitation for virusses and system-crashes.

I have played the Sims-3 with all expansions and stuffpacks (a mix of legal and pirated games) and never ever had to siwtch off DEP
The game still works perfectly. So obviously the CC that requires DEP to be swtiched off can't be trusted.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 May 2016, 23:43

publicmisc wrote:I disabled the shop mode but a lot of my stuff is missing and each time I go to play it gets worse saying objects missing (including lemon tree) and my game crashes within seconds of starting...no chance to save before it fails.

I have deleted the dccache as well as the caches in the sims 3 folder - doesn't seem to help.  Should I also delete the dcbackup?

Okay, I checked the dmp files and it turns out it's having Access violation - code c0000005.  However, I have already done the DEP.  I can only play about two seconds then it stops responding and crashes.  Going back in history for all my crashes it has the same access violation.  I did happen to see that my lemon tree is back though.  I am now going to try playing without custom content...if I can, I will save it and then start it up again with custom content and see if it makes any difference.

Yes, try filtering your CC, maybe it makes a difference here. Smile 

Tarac wrote:I am strongly against switching off DEP especially when using Custom Content
DEP prevents programs from occupying System-memory in an incorrect manner.
Switching off DEP is an open invitation for virusses and system-crashes.

I have played the Sims-3 with all expansions and stuffpacks (a mix of legal and pirated games) and never ever had to siwtch off DEP
The game still works perfectly. So obviously the CC that requires DEP to be swtiched off can't be trusted.

The OP never implied (in my opinion) that his or her CC required DEP to be turned off. For CC, it shouldn't make a difference whether or not it is turned on or off. Beyond that, I myself am playing with the DEP completely turned off, and never got any problems either there. Having DEP "on" can lead to app crashes, but alternatively (if you are are really paranoid) you can also disable DEP for individual applications. Which is most commonly recommended, instead of a complete de-activation of DEP.

DEP is one of these measures that are well-meant by the software engineers, but in practice don't seem to make much of any impact. Yes, there are certain theoretical concerns against having DEP off, but my own practical experience tells me otherwise. I've had certain pirated games not starting up at all because of DEP being turned on. What the individual person makes of all that is up to them; whether or not you experience more or fewer problems would have to be determined in many, many experiments. And the best safety measures in the world cannot help you anyway if your common sense and judgment are too weak.

The only problem I am experiencing so far with DEP being turned off is that certain Steam servers require DEP being "on" when playing multiplayer matches - I'll assume partly because of certain "security concerns". 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top