Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED] Empty Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 03:37

Hi, just like to start off by saying thanks for the uploads. This is my first post as is regularily the case with so many of your users, who are in need of help. Its a simple problem or so it should be, but its driving me insane.

Basically I have downloaded the following torrents from Games4theworld [After installation sizes]:
Sims 3 [6.37gb]
Ambitions [2.42gb]
Generations [976mb]
Pets (fixed) [3.17gb]
Town life stuff [127mb]
World Adventures [3.44gb]

I am starting from scratch, and various combinations down the line it seems that I end up with the same result. That result being the Base game, Generations, Town life stuff and Pets, all open up only the Pets expansion pack. The others fail to start. Further more I have listed the size of the folders after installation above, as it seems to vary greatly (dont know if thats normal or not).

The installation process i have been using is as follows (I have tried several attempts):

Mount ISOs, Install Base game, Install Town Life and Generations and Pets (have varied order), Install World Adventures, Install Ambitions, Use Ultimate Fix and replace files via instructions, Open Launcher and check update, Use crack on base folder.

I have varied this process by not using cracks until the last step, using cracks and following instructions completely each step, manually updating to 1.26 after installing base, allowing game to update automatically when installing first expansion, trying different orders of installation, trying Razor/Reloaded/Vitality releases.

I havent been downloading the download manager, or Origin. In the ultimate fix guide, it seems to state not to use any cracks and to skip crack processes. Am i right in thinking that? I feel like I am following each guide but the result is the same. What could be causing the problem? I feel pretty stupid...

Pets works fine by the way, and before attempting any expansions the Sims 3 base game worked fine too. I am running Windows 7 pro 64bit if that makes any difference.

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:02

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the official ® Games4theworld Downloads Forum!
Then your problem; what you mean is that you can not run all the other games at all? If yes, I think I know what your "problem" is. When you launch the game, you only see the Pets intro icon, right? That's normal; the game always shows the icon of the latest available installed expansion. (In your case it's Pets)
The icons of the other expansions are not shown, but they are integrated in the game, so you don't need to worry about them disappearing. As long as the icons in the lower-left corner of the launcher aren't greyed out, they are installed and integrated into the game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 23:19

Hey! Thanks for the reply. Yes I think I just clued on to that, was trying to launch through the other folders and was a bit put off by only seeing the pets logo load. At least I know its all working now, I feel a bit the fool! Have never played the sims before and made that mistake...

Anyway yay its all working then! One additional question if someone doesnt mind.. if I want to install more packs is it a simple case of using the ultimate fix files to revert back, installing and then cracking again? Wouldnt want to mess it up is all with the amount of times I have installed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 07 Dec 2011, 18:47

Wickedwiz wrote:Hey! Thanks for the reply. Yes I think I just clued on to that, was trying to launch through the other folders and was a bit put off by only seeing the pets logo load. At least I know its all working now, I feel a bit the fool! Have never played the sims before and made that mistake...

Anyway yay its all working then! One additional question if someone doesnt mind.. if I want to install more packs is it a simple case of using the ultimate fix files to revert back, installing and then cracking again? Wouldnt want to mess it up is all with the amount of times I have installed!
Hello,

I'm glad it works now!
When you want to add any other expansions, just install them, but DO NOT apply any more cracks. Just install the expansions, that's it.
Also, if you ever want to update the game, just apply the latest version of the Ultimate Fix.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and have fun playing! Installing Sims 3 + Expansion packs from scratch: Everything is Pets problem! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 00:15

Well I have a problem also. I downloaded only expansions from games4theworld. town life stuff, generation, and pets. the others are from other uploaders which are ambitions and and world adventures. ok... I downloaded and applied the ultimate fix. everything works for about 2 to four days and then it stops working so i uninstall and reinstall the base game just to play. When i reinstall the base game, it prompts me to update to the latest version which i comply. then i apply the crack for the pets to get rid of the disc error then i apply the ultimate fix. which doesnt prompt an update. after about 3 days... it stops and i repeat the process. what happens that causes me to reinstall the base game is.... when i click on the icon to open the launcher... it opens fine.. ok.... when i click the play button... the arrow curser for the mouse turns busy like a cycling circle. it stays that way for hours before so that resulted me into reinstalling the base game in order for it to work. normally when you click on the play button it turns gray then the curser turns busy... screen turns black then game starts. in this case it doesn't do that after 2 to 4 days so i have to repeat the process. it is very time consumming and very frustrating when i have to uninstall and reinstall eery time i want to play. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! STEP BY STEP DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR DUMMIES BECAUSE I GET CONFUSED ALOT. TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT TO DO FROM MOVING A FINGER TO INHALING AND EXHALING AS I BREATH. LOL! IM KIND OF SLOW LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 08 Dec 2011, 21:44

Hello,

For now, problem solved, topic closed. Have fun playing!

MzUnderstood wrote:Well I have a problem also. I downloaded only expansions from games4theworld. town life stuff, generation, and pets. the others are from other uploaders which are ambitions and and world adventures. ok... I downloaded and applied the ultimate fix. everything works for about 2 to four days and then it stops working so i uninstall and reinstall the base game just to play. When i reinstall the base game, it prompts me to update to the latest version which i comply. then i apply the crack for the pets to get rid of the disc error then i apply the ultimate fix. which doesnt prompt an update. after about 3 days... it stops and i repeat the process. what happens that causes me to reinstall the base game is.... when i click on the icon to open the launcher... it opens fine.. ok.... when i click the play button... the arrow curser for the mouse turns busy like a cycling circle. it stays that way for hours before so that resulted me into reinstalling the base game in order for it to work. normally when you click on the play button it turns gray then the curser turns busy... screen turns black then game starts. in this case it doesn't do that after 2 to 4 days so i have to repeat the process. it is very time consumming and very frustrating when i have to uninstall and reinstall eery time i want to play. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! STEP BY STEP DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR DUMMIES BECAUSE I GET CONFUSED ALOT. TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT TO DO FROM MOVING A FINGER TO INHALING AND EXHALING AS I BREATH. LOL! IM KIND OF SLOW LOL
Please open your own topic for your problem(s).
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top