Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constantly having problems installing expansion packs to The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Constantly having problems installing expansion packs to The Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Constantly having problems installing expansion packs to The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 07:46

Hi. I have a legit CD of the The Sims 3. In the recent 2-3 days I've been trying to install expansion packs, but I always encounter problems.
I tried installing many other packages but still have got the same problems.
For example, a few times it said that it can't verify that I'm using a legit CD of, say Generations, even though I did exactly what instructions instruct and what other people said that works.

Then I encountered this forum and I read a huge general topic called "How to install the Sims 3 correctly".

Having read this, I uninstalled any expansion packages that I previously tried to install, and started from the package "Town Life Stuff".

While installing, it notified me that the expansion pack is out-dated, and should be updated after I'd open the launcher. I ignored the message, and when opening the launcher I avoided from updating (it asked me if I'd like to). I knew that it will ruin what I did and the pack won't work since it already happened to me.

So after ignoring this message and starting the game, I still got the same message that they can't verify that my CD is legit and that I should contact Support. I should say that I put the TSLHost.dll and the TS3W.exe files in the folder of the ORIGINAL Sims 3 Game/Bin, and not at the expansion package's Game/Bin, as instructed in the instructions.

Sorry if it took you a long time to read, I wanted to fully explain my problems... PLEASE help me fix this.

P.S
I should say that in one of my previous installation attempts, I had some problem about the location, so by the instructions of someone I got into regedit and changed the value of the file "SKU" in the main game's folder from 1 to 2. Just a thing to mention, so it doesn't "secretly" cause problems.

P.S 2
Oh and another thing.. I think that there might be a chance that I bought the CD in Israel rather then the States, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT:

Oh sorry haven't noticed that I didn't post this in the right category...

MOD EDIT: Topic moved to the right section.
-NARONG30

Back to top Go down

Constantly having problems installing expansion packs to The Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Constantly having problems installing expansion packs to The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:26

Hello,
It shouldn't really matter where you bought the base game.
Can you tell me which version of the base game you're currently playing?You can find out by hovering your mousepointer over the base game icon in the lower left corner of the game launcher.
Did you also apply the Ultimate fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Constantly having problems installing expansion packs to The Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Constantly having problems installing expansion packs to The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:37

I use version 1.26.89.013001.

And no, I didn't try the Ultimate Fix, but I thought that it should fix problems that arise after installing the extensions.. Was I wrong? Should I try and install it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:59

choashon wrote:I use version 1.26.89.013001.

And no, I didn't try the Ultimate Fix, but I thought that it should fix problems that arise after installing the extensions.. Was I wrong? Should I try and install it?
Hello,

The Ultimate Fix is used afterwards to update your game to the latest version.
Read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 14:47

O.K, I read this + the ultimate fix and tried to install Town Life Stuff EXACTLY as the directions say (BTW, the directions didn't say I should mount unlike things that I've read so far, so I didn't mount..).

As soon as I replace the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll, the game won't start. If I replace these with the original files - the game works, without the package.
This is the message I get after replacing the files, while trying to run game: "Unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)"

What should I do?

//EDIT

UPADTE:

I watched the video which demonstrates how to install the Ultimate Fix. I noticed that I did something wrong, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game, to have a fresh start from the mess I've probably done with all the folders.

Now, exactly as in the video, I opened the launcher and let it update. Everything seemed to be happening as it should, but then, after the update was like 99.99% and about to end, I got an error message saying "Update error: Invalid file found".

Anyone?

//EDIT

Another update...

After searching for a while I found in the forum the solution, and now it works perfectly, at last!

You can close the topic, if I have some more problems I'll open another one...

Thanks for your time.

MOD EDIT: Always use Edit button to add any information, if the question not yet replied. Topic closed, glad to hear that your problem solved.
-NARONG30

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Happy simming! The Sims 3 plumbob

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top