Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets Compatibility Error (mac)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets Compatibility Error (mac) Empty Sims 3 Pets Compatibility Error (mac)

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2011, 08:56

When trying to install The Sims 3 Pets on my mac, I get a compatibility error that says:
"The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 Pets."

I tried changing the the region codes for everything to region 1 by altering the Default.ini files (the base game and World Adventures were set to region 2), but that did not fix it. I also just downloaded and installed Town Life Stuff, but I didn't apply the crack yet because the directions said to install all of the expansion packs first.

I'm not sure what to do now, please help?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets Compatibility Error (mac) Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets Compatibility Error (mac)

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 05:38

I'm having the same issue - but I didn't use the G4TW base game (I used the already cracked Mac torrent from TPB which works perfectly). I installed Late Night, then tried to install Pets and got the same error message. So I then ran the Late Night updater (it's still updating as I type) as it specifies in these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2755-easy-method-of-installing-sims-3-base-gameexpansions-mac-guide-new. Haven't applied the crack yet, though. Late Night installed absolutely perfectly with my base game, so why would I have this issue with Pets?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets Compatibility Error (mac) Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets Compatibility Error (mac)

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 05:49

I actually got it to work! Follow the instructions on this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2341-the-sims-3-pets-step-by-step-installation-with-fixes
But make sure you don't let it update after installing Pets, that will completely mess up the crack and they haven't been able to update the current one for mac to work with the new update.
I let it update after installing pets and that just gives you an error message and makes the game crash whenever you try to play, and the only way to stop it is uninstall everything and reinstall it without letting it update after installing Pets. Hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 05:55

Hey there,

Thanks - where did you get your base game? I'm thinking that may be my problem but I'm not sure.

The first time I tried installing Pets I couldn't, even before I updated it. I was getting the compatability error that you were getting. So I didn't even get far enough to apply the crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 06:00

I actually bought the base game, and all of the expansion and stuff packs are from this website. It shouldn't matter where you get the games, you just need to apply the crack. Just follow the directions for installing pets from the other link I sent you. I think you might have to download and install either generations or town life stuff to get it to work though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 06:18

ah, alright - i'll give it a try. thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 14:29

hi,
I downloaded the sims 3 pets and, following the installation guide, i'm opening the .exe file to start the installation of the game but it opens as a .txt file with the following information:

MZê ˇˇ∏@ ∫ ¥ Õ!∏ LÕ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

$ëÔè ’é·ô’é·ô’é·ôÆíÌô÷é·ôVíÔôıé·ô∫ëÎôWé·ô∫ëÍô⁄é·ô”≠Îô◊é·ô ≠˝ô÷é·ôʨƒô◊é·ô’é‡
ôÑè·ô/≠¯ô¿é·ô”≠Íôˆé·ô àÁô‘é·ôRich’é·ôPEL ⁄ %H‡
Ä p ‰ ê @ ’ » ∞ ¥l ê à .textRp Ä `.rdataòùê †ê @@.datalr0 `0 @¿.rsrc¥l∞ pê @@UãÏSV3€WSSˇu
ã=`ëDˇu SSˇ◊ãNVSˇ XìD;√âE

Is it because i'm on a mac?
The game i downloaded is from http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6754238

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 21:41

mariamgm wrote:hi,
I downloaded the sims 3 pets and, following the installation guide, i'm opening the .exe file to start the installation of the game but it opens as a .txt file with the following information:

MZê ˇˇ∏@ ∫ ¥ Õ!∏ LÕ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

$ëÔè ’é·ô’é·ô’é·ôÆíÌô÷é·ôVíÔôıé·ô∫ëÎôWé·ô∫ëÍô⁄é·ô”≠Îô◊é·ô ≠˝ô÷é·ôʨƒô◊é·ô’é‡
ôÑè·ô/≠¯ô¿é·ô”≠Íôˆé·ô àÁô‘é·ôRich’é·ôPEL ⁄ %H‡
Ä p ‰ ê @ ’ » ∞ ¥l ê à .textRp Ä `.rdataòùê †ê @@.datalr0 `0 @¿.rsrc¥l∞ pê @@UãÏSV3€WSSˇu
ã=`ëDˇu SSˇ◊ãNVSˇ XìD;√âE

Is it because i'm on a mac?

Hey - you need to create an image (like a fake disc) of the folder and then run that. Here's how you do it:
Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility > File: New: Image from folder > find the extracted .rar folder and choose it.

This will create a .dmg file that will mount the fake disc, then you can open the .dmg and choose the Installer icon.

Smile

PS. You may have been following the Windows installation guide, not the Mac one. Go to: games4theworld . org / guides . html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top