Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clean Sims 3 install incl. all expanions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clean Sims 3 install incl. all expanions. Empty Clean Sims 3 install incl. all expanions.

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2011, 17:51

Hello G4TW,

I've just downloaded the new temp. fix for the 1.29 patch and I wanted to fully install The Sims 3 and expanions again.
So I unistalled it all including everything that has to do with it using IobitUnistaller which cleans the entire computer of it.
Restarted the computer.

So I started installing again in the following way:
The Sims 3 Base
The Sims 3 Pets
And then in the "recommended" order EA suggests (on release etc.)

Finally after installing everything I've cracked it using the latest "The sims 3 temp. fix".

However, when I try and start the launcher it gives me the error:" Er is een fout opgetreden bij het opstarten, bekijk het logboek voor meer details. "
Which means: " A error occurred at startup, check the logs for more details. "

Any idea how to fix this or what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Not sure if this matters, but I apparently installed it into Program Files and not in Program Files (x86) (Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

Back to top Go down

Clean Sims 3 install incl. all expanions. Empty Re: Clean Sims 3 install incl. all expanions.

Post by Admin Sun 18 Dec 2011, 18:41

Hello,

Please re-read the Fix' "# Installation Guide.txt". Can you tell me how it tells you to start the game?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Clean Sims 3 install incl. all expanions. Empty Re: Clean Sims 3 install incl. all expanions.

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2011, 18:42

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please re-read the Fix' "# Installation Guide.txt". Can you tell me how it tells you to start the game?

How am I supose to update if I cannot use the launcher?

Also:
13. Now, open the The Sims 3 launcher and navigate to the "Update" -tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update is shown, install it. Now you should have got the latest version of the game.

EDIT:
- I did have Origin when I first installed The Sims 3, I no longer do now though, do I need origin or the EA downloader the installer suggests?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Dec 2011, 18:56

Vindicato wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello,

How am I supose to update if I cannot use the launcher?

Also:
13. Now, open the The Sims 3 launcher and navigate to the "Update" -tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update is shown, install it. Now you should have got the latest version of the game.

EDIT:
- I did have Origin when I first installed The Sims 3, I no longer do now though, do I need origin or the EA downloader the installer suggests?
Hello,

So you didn't update yet? Then why you already try to start the game if that's not specified in the Fix' "# Installation Guide.txt".
In order to update manually, please read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch-updated

After that continue reading the Installation Guide included with the Fix more carefully.
You do not need Origin in order to run the game. It's only needed to update the game. Though, you do not need it when updating manually.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top