Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED] Empty Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 02:26

Hello!

The Sims3 executable TS3W.exe just dies on me after hitting the "Play" button in the launcher, or by running TS3W.exe itself. 

Here's how I installed everything (following https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly). 

Now when I double click the Sims 3 desktop icon, curiously all the diamonds beyond Katy Perry's Sweet Treats aren't lit up (see screenshot). When I try hitting "Play", I see the TS3W.exe image in the task manager for about a second before it disappears (with no error whatsoever), no splash screens, no game.

Argh! What's happening? I have no mods, no previous saves. I did have a few retail Sims3 expansions that I completely uninstalled before I began this entire install process. Is my registry angry? I'm in Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks!

Tooltip below shows when I run my mouse over the Diesel diamond:

Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED] 2z5nkpk

Last edited by Shamrock on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:33; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links)

Back to top Go down

Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 02:49

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

If the diamonds beyond Katy Perry's ST aren't lit up, it's possible that the game doesn't recognize them as installed. Have you tried installing those again, to see what happens? If you get an error saying they are already installed, or they "install" again... 

Please try it and let us know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Clean install Sims 3 Won't launch at all. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 03:32

I tried running Diesel setup again while everything was installed and Windows at least thought it was installed: running setup attempted to uninstall.

So, I just tried uninstalling (EVERYTHING), and reinstalling up to Katy Perry, then installed Diesel. Applied # Crack files to Sims 3/Game/Bin--the diamond is still grayed out. Perhaps an issue with the Diesel download? 

(Also I tried running and it claims I might have modifications with the current Sim version--at least TS3W.exe is doing something other than disappearing now!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 03:37

misoponia wrote:I just tried uninstalling (EVERYTHING), and reinstalling up to Katy Perry, then installed Diesel. Applied # Crack files to Sims 3/Game/Bin--the diamond is still grayed out. Perhaps an issue with the Diesel download? 

(Also I tried running and it claims I might have modifications with the current Sim version--at least TS3W.exe is doing something other than disappearing now!).

Specifically, which retail Expansion Packs did you have before this installation process? And when you did the clean uninstall, did you do it by hand or did you use a program to do it?

Also, did you make sure to re-download the Ultimate Fix? Sorry, but it's important to ask this. Outdated cracks may cause strange issues. Still, I believe the problem is either with the download or with leftover registries from your previous installed games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 04:54

SUCCESS! I am up and running. 

Turns out I did have an outdated Ultimate Fix: I may have followed an old link. Silly. I blame wine.

Thanks for your very speedy assistance! You rock. Now to create wine-influenced Sim characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 04:58

misoponia wrote:SUCCESS! I am up and running. 

Turns out I did have an outdated Ultimate Fix: I may have followed an old link. Silly. I blame wine.

Thanks for your very speedy assistance! You rock. Now to create wine-influenced Sim characters.

That's good to hear! I'm glad the issue is solved now, and that the registry wasn't the problem.

If you ever have any questions or issues, don't doubt to come back. Good luck with those wine-loving Sims! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:33

Problem solved, topic locked.
Like SeoY said, do not hesitate to open a new topic should you need any help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top