Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't save my progress and Launcher isn't working to update Sims 3 Generations.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't save my progress and Launcher isn't working to update Sims 3 Generations. Empty I can't save my progress and Launcher isn't working to update Sims 3 Generations.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 18:48

Okay, thanks to Admin I was able to get my sims 3 Generations up and running. But while playing I was only able to save my progress once but after that I wasn't able to save and a notice keep showing up saying: Unable to Save, Error 16 (or something on those lines) every time I tried to save. And another problem is I can't update, install my mods, or downloads because my launcher isn't coming up. Is there a different way for me to install my content with out going through the launcher?

These are the only issues I'm having since I installed The Sims Plumbob 1's Generations. Help plz.

Back to top Go down

I can't save my progress and Launcher isn't working to update Sims 3 Generations. Empty Re: I can't save my progress and Launcher isn't working to update Sims 3 Generations.

Post by Admin Mon 19 Dec 2011, 19:24

Hello,

First let's see whether updating the game fixes your problem. Download the latest version of the Ultimate Fix and then read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch-updated

See if the error disappears after that. If not, I'm sure Lady ElDi has a fix for you, as some people have this issue.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

I can't save my progress and Launcher isn't working to update Sims 3 Generations. Empty Re: I can't save my progress and Launcher isn't working to update Sims 3 Generations.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Dec 2011, 20:33

Hello,
Error 16 is quite common actually, what you can try is rename your save game, so "save as" instead of "save".
You don't really need the launcher, you can update manually and if you convert any cc/mods that are sims3pack to .package files you can install them by setting up a framework in your my documents folder and placing the .package files there. The converter can be found here and the guide to setting up a framework is found here.
Good luck and please let us know if you have any more questions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top